• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay- free to anyone- Ipswich/Colchester area

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
A chap my dad knows has been giving us hay from his garden for a few years. This hay is luscious. Smells sweet. Tastes Sweet. Bunnies love it.

Problem is that there's stuff in it I don't know what it is, so I have to sift it out (and I do find the odd oak leaf as well). I don't have the time to do this anymore but didn't want the hay to go to waste.

Anyone is welcome to have this (we have like 15 large sacks of it and all we need is the sacks back because the bloke wants those back). It might be ideal if you have time to sift through or if you know what different plants are so what is safe for bunnies to have.

This is the best hay I've ever come across and any bunnies who have this would be very lucky.

I don't think a rescue in this area would have the time to sift it and I also don't want to have to dump it.

Must go ASAP.

Anyone interested?

You're welcome to come and get it if you want :) I don't think there is anything major scary in there, I just don't know enough. Equally, if you want to come and have a peer at it I can show you it and then it's entirely up to you if you want any :)

OK that's great, thank you :D! I have a bit of crazy week this week, the only evening I could make is about 5pm on Thursday! if that's inconvenient next week is better Tue, Thur or Fri, same time?

Oh good oh :D No I've just checked I dont have your details anymore, I had to have a pm box clear out at some point, although its nearly full again now :oops:

Does anyone else want any of this hay? It's lovely. I've used it yesterday and this morning. If Boudicca has a bag or two then there are still many more bags. We don't really have the room to store it so we can't keep it indefinitely- it will have to be dumped, which is such a waste for lovely hay.

I suspect too heavy to send reasonably, If i'm honest. The bags are proper big sacks though, and I guess are more bulky than heavy.

Back