• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Behavior change-Please answer quickly

moonturtle

Warren Scout
Bo is acting a little strange tonight and it has me worried. She didn't eat much this morning, but she is eating and pooping, but she is acting a little more aggressive than usual and she does not want anything to do with me. This is very odd for her. Is it normal for rabbits to act like this every once in a while or should I rush her to her vet?

It sounds to me as if she's in pain.
Although not in classical stasis, you're describing gut slow down.
So yes, I'd take her to the vet to see what's going on. Not an out & out emergency, but I'd want my bun seen at evening surgery.

She ate a couple of baby carrots this evening and then took a big poop beside her litter box :roll:. She is now hopping around the place, trying to rip the wallpaper, and digging at the floors. She is now also chomping on some hay. Could it just be she just wasn't hungry? She ate some of her pellets and a lot of hay, just not her kale. She also laid beside me on the bed for a while and was bunny flopping.

I don't think she wanted to go into her cage this morning, could she be pouting because I put her in her cage against her wishes? She is acting normal now.

They don't usually "play up" as much as that cos they're cross & never go off their food cos they're sulking.
I'd say it's been a bit sore getting the big poop through.
It could be that too much carrot at once upset her tummy.
If she's back to perfectly normal behaviour, eating & pooping, no worries, Just keep an eye on her,& long may she remain well.:D

I called her vet tonight and they said to keep an eye on her and if she does not eat a lot tomorrow then to bring her in.

She just jumped into her cage of her own accord (the door is always opened when she is out of her cage so she can go in and out as she pleases,) and she is eating her pellets. She is also chewing on the bars of her cage, I don't know why. Her door is open, she can jump out if she wants.

Her vet did ask me that Mrs. Bunnykins. I don't think she is shedding more than usual. I did pull a huge gob of hair off of her rump last night, but other than that, I think she is shedding normally. She played with me on the floor tonight and licked my forehead and groomed my hair. She is hopping around and looking for mischief now (she just pulled a belt off of the chair and ran away with it when I scolded her.) She is chewing her boxes and bags. She is not eating as much as she normally does, but she is pooping well and the poops are normal size, color, and consisty. I don't know what got into her this evening. She is normally a cuddle bug when I get home from work and she normally eats like a pig (the last time I took her to the vet she weighed 2.72 kilograms or 6 pounds.) Could it just be she wasn't hungry and just a little grumpy? I am watching her like a hawk and I am making sure she is acting normal.

Back