• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do other animals poops look like buns poops? pics added

moi

Mama Doe
I found some poops in the corner of my garden where my buns have never ever been, loads of them. They look like rabbit poops but I can't see how a wild one would get in?? Unless its squirell poop x

Last edited:
:oops: It's that subject again!
Are they golden big & round like a hay eating rabbit or are they dark/black & round like aa wildie/ forage only diet?
Are they dark & not properly round Like a misshapen bunny poop with a digestive issue?

Before I read the actual post I was thinking "giraffes!". But they probably haven't been in your garden :lol:

My bunnys only ever go in the run in the garden, and the only time Benji was allowed out we followed him and he wasnt allowed anywhere near that part as I was not sure if those weeds were poisonous.

I reckon it's bunny poops, mostly older (light coloured) with a few recent ones.
Altogether like that bunny is making a territory mound.

I've once been fooled by red deer fawn poops, & thought "that wildie's got a poorly tummy", but got it right when I put my specs on!:lol:

ohhhh wild buns in my garden, Ive only seen squirrels :)

Wild buns are very timid & their hearing is amazing as is sense of smell. Even my Thumper could hear a cat dig it's pooh hole 100' away through locked modern double glazing (flood doors actually). I got loads of warning thumps from behind the sofa!!
They'll try to get in somewhere concealed of they can, & can get through a very narrow space, but need certain width. If you check all the way round the bottom of the fence you'll find somewhere. If it's a mesh fence that's a doddle for a wildie. They just push under it. ;)

The poops are near my shed and there is a small gap between the back of the shed and the neighbours fence. Must have got through there x

i think wild rabbits are nosy. when a friend looked after a female rabbit for a few weeks the wild ones were comming right into his garden to visit her-and yet he had never had a wild rabbit in garden before despite being in country. (she was unspayed so we think we know why they were visiting!(and never got chance as she was securely penned)

Back