• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad day! Escaping rabbit -_-

Missmadu

New Kit
So today has probably been the worst day in a long time. I was trying to ring the vets today but then forgot its bank holiday Monday...I need an appointment for my bunnies to go and get checked and see what we can do about neutering them both. They are being kept seperate so they both have to have seperate time in the run. I try and get them out on the grass to run about as much as possibly because for now, they are seperated on the two story hutch.

Anyway, this morning Jupiter has been great. BUT Luna....
I heard her sneezing earlier, and I got a bit worried. Decided to google things and perhaps thought she might not agree with the wood shavings as they are probably quite dusty. If it's not that, then atleast we're going to the vets this week. So when she was in the run I scooped out all the wood shavings and replaced it with paper. Later on, (just now) it was jupiters time in the run. So I swapped them over. Jupiter started racing around which is great :) she has long legs.

I then saw that lunas bowl was quite empty and she loves some rabbit muesli mixed in with her pellets, so I lifted the top of the hutch up and got the bowl out and whilst my back was turned (literally for a few seconds) I heard a massive scratchy noise and saw she was going over the side of the hutch!! How did she even manage that?! She's a tiny rabbit?! I panicked, but didn't get to her in time before she got onto the floor. I was so astonished this happened. She was down the side of the hutch. It was easy to get her from there though and I gently lifted her off the ground. My heart was beating so fast :( I was worried she'd broken something.

I swapped her with Jupiter in the run to see whether she could walk okay and she seems fine :s like normal. Ill ask the vets to check it out when I see them though. I can't believe that in those few seconds I turned around, she did that.

It's either I'm a terrible bunny mum and need to pay more attention or Luna just reallyyy didn't want to be in there :/ supervising her now and she seems okay, but I think I had a mini heart attack! Just very worried. And I still can't believe that actually happened

They do like ro scare us sometimes! At least all seems well with her and she's let you know what she's capable of. Hope it goes well at the vets. :wave:

Back