• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's so hard :(

PrincessPomPom

Warren Scout
As most of you know I lost princess pompom on Friday , I was busy over the weekend and today is the only chance I've had to clean out pompoms room :( it feels so empty and still smells like her :( I sobbed into her dirty litter tray hay :( I just can't believe she's gone :( she wasn't the friendliest bunny but I believe we had a bond. I'm just going to miss her so much. X doesn't understand what I'm going through he thinks I can just get a new rabbit and everything will be fine :(

Of course you cant just get a new Rabbit to replace Princess P, no Rabbit can simply be 'replaced' like a broken toy.

It is totally understandable that you are feeling so sad. There is no right or wrong way to grieve for a much loved Rabbit, we all react in ways unique to ourselves. Maybe one day you might feel able to offer a home to another Rabbit, but NOT as a replacement for Princess P, more as a tribute to her. Because she taught you what caring for a Rabbit can give and how much they can enhance our lives :love:

I'm so sorry you lost your girl, she was so beautiful and obviously very loved :( I know exactly how you feel, it's been 7 months since I lost my special boy and I miss him so much. I always will. It's so difficult and people not understanding doesn't exactly make it any easier, but remember that we're all here for you xxx Binky free Princess Pom-Pom :cry:

Just remember, you allowed PomPom to be a bunny, and show her characteristics, not be one of those buns shut away in a hutch that never gets to shine. At some point you may be able to offer that to another bun, for now take solace that she was happy with you and much loved. It broke my heart when you posted that she had passed, and I am so sorry.

You sound like such a lovely bunny owner, allowing PomPom to be herself and not expecting her to conform to what you wanted her to be, as so many people do. Of course you will never forget her, every bunny is unique, but it will get easier as time passes.

Back