• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you do... *update* too good to be true

Schez

Mama Doe
I decided that it was time to introduce Pippa and Harry... An interesting start and not quite sure what it means at the mo. I've swayed (many times in the matter of minutes :lol:) between thinking this is gonna work and now I'm not sure... :shock:

So, neutral territory and small space.. Check... Introduce them... Check... Here's what's happened so far...

They ignored each other
Each chasing each other (some kinda bunny round-n-round dance)
Each humping each other
Harry doesn't seem to care anymore
Flump together
Harry moves Pippa follows
Now it's only Pippa trying to hump Harry ... :shock:
Harry still doesn't seem to retaliate...

No fur flying, no grunting, no fighting... Just Pippa following and trying to hump Harry and Harry being like "whatever" :lol:

So RU... My next move? What would you do?

A)Separate and let them "date" again tomorrow or
B) Camp down here with them tonight and let things unfold?

I don't know what to do so I'm just gonna sit and eat Galaxy whilst trying to figure it out... :lol:

Last edited:
Leave them together!

You'll be back to square one otherwise. Get some more chocolate and camp out with them!

:lol: this is what I thought... I have another bar stashed... mmmmmmmm...

I told hubby I might camp with them, he says I'm crazy... I said... Maaaaaybe, but you were fully aware before you married me! ;)

Oh dear I think it's past my bed time, I read the first sentence and thought "that's cool, Schez knows both Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton and is trying to hook them up! Wait, wouldn't that be weird......wait..... They're rabbits........"

In answer to your question, it's already 1am so you might as well get a duvet or sleeping bag and sleep next to them!

I'm so tired..... Bed time........

Haha where are they? I'm sure you can make a nice night of it!

They are in a puppy pen in the living room, I've got a comfy fleecy blanket so I will be quite snug.. Hopefully I will be awoken by the sound of happy bunny nomming... :D

Oh dear I think it's past my bed time, I read the first sentence and thought "that's cool, Schez knows both Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton and is trying to hook them up! Wait, wouldn't that be weird......wait..... They're rabbits........"

In answer to your question, it's already 1am so you might as well get a duvet or sleeping bag and sleep next to them!

I'm so tired..... Bed time........

:lol::lol::lol:, that so went through my head though I promise the names weren't intentional... Sleep well *Funny*Bunny* :wave: xxx

I hope you had an uneventful and restful night! I got woken at 5 by a massive bang so I hope it wasn't your bunnies! As far as I can see it wasn't mine.

Bunny camp out...

*bleary-eyed-tuckered-out-need-a-more-comfy-sofa-schez*

Morning guys :wave:

We survived! :lol: Bunnies are snuggle buns, though I'm sure Harry was in the dog house for something... :lol: I was awoken by loud sounds at around 4am - it was Pippa running about. Harry was creeping up to her, trying to stretch out to her and Pips was having none of it. Kept jumping over him and running around the pen... Poor Harry just looked bemused. :lol: But this morning they are being all lazy together. :love:

Camping supplies ;)

580723230955afaae77a3b7c51abf9d7_zps8b621eac.jpg

Bunny buds

6648819f027a38eb121f1d4cd0149bab_zps25be8b1d.jpg

Kisses :love:

881a9c8ea389bf91429be70dbee44b6e_zps584232b2.jpg

My husband said I was crazy for camping out with them so what did he do? He went upstairs and got himself his pillow and a blanket and took the other sofa... :lol::lol::lol:

I don't what is happening?

I thought we were doing pretty well... Harry and Pippa seemed to bond pretty quickly, with Pippa following Harry everywhere, eating and sleeping together, grooming etc.

But over the bank holiday something hapned. I observed Harry chasing Pippa back into the furthest part of the hutch and wouldn't let her go near the food bowl and it hasn't changed today. I've never seen this behaviour in Harry before. Concerned for Pippa and not being able to bear seeing her in the same position hour after hour, I popped them into a carrier and thoroughly cleaned the hutch (again) including toys and bits, I then relocated the hutch and run into a another part of the garden.

I've put Pippa back in to eat as I want her to at least eat properly before popping Harry back in. If the behaviour continues whats the next step? Seperate and try neutral ground again?

I thought it was too good to be true...

Sounds like you may have put them back in the hutch too soon?I'd put them back in the pen and leave them for a few days, and see how you go

The bonding process has been rushed, lots of people do this as their buns seem fine after 24 hours or so and think 'great! Easy bond!' and move them to their new living quarters. They need to be settled with each other (ie no humping, chasing or biting AT ALL) for at LEAST 48 hours before you even think about moving them. Personally I wouldn't move them even at that stage, I would just increase the pen size slightly. Then it's the 48 hour thing again. If you want a good strong bond then this is how you need to do it. Yes it's inconvenient, but usually works :wave:

I think you are supposed to keep them in neutral territory for as long as possible, I kept mine in a neutral area for a month before putting them back into the shed (but I was pretty over cautious!) so maye try neutral area again and give them a bit longer to settle

Sorry cross posted!

Hi guys :wave: thank you for your responses, and I really should have known better. :oops::(

Bunnies are happy together back in the pen... :love: Won't be quick on moving them this time. Just want a pair of happy bunnies. :D

Ooooh thanks, they have oodles of hay, will try scattering a few of their pellets... ha, they are like little hoovers! :lol::love: :wave:

Back