• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panic is doing my head in

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
About my bunnies, that is.

The panic of missing something and somebunny else falling ill. Panic about, despite thorough cleaning, whichever bunnies go into their enclosure, they will due too. Panic that (and this is probably the most irrationall) Sandy and Roger were killed by something, say, that bit them, and poisoned them, and that that whatever it is will get the others too, especially those who get in there (it will be Lighters and Dopey 1 who access their area because they are in the other half).

Is that last one likely? That someone could have poisoned them with a bite or sting or something? What, in this country, could do anything like that?

No one can do anything about the rest, but that would be useful to know.

Sorry :(

The being bitten by something venomous bit is highly unlikely. The only thing that could cause that would be an adder - the bites would be visible and very inflamed (I have seen it on a dog, and the dog lived), besides they are rare these days, I am lucky to see one or two walking through prime habitat. Seriously put the venomous bite worries out of your mind, that would not have happened.

I am sorry it is getting on top of you. Hope you feel a little better

It is the grief that is making you feel panicky and unsure. It would be most unlikely something bit them, sadly with Sandy she had a terminal illness.

Sadly it will take you awhile to get over the shock of losing them both. :cry:

Hugs xxxxx

I suppose really its expected tjat they wouldn't want to be hear me. Who would want tinge near someone do horrible and evil. That must be why sky is leaving and why flash left so fast. I can't blame them. They have the most of me sk of cluster their going to want to get away.

Of course they want to be near you. You have loved them, cared for them, nursed them when they're sick. These are all irrational thoughts you're having :( please, please try and think about the good times you've had with them all, particularly Flash and Sky. Sky is so precious to you, you are naturally terrified of losing him :( but when he does go, it won't be because he doesn't want to be near you! It will be because he is old and frail and his body just can't carry on :( all of your bunnies love you to bits, anyone can see that from your pictures. You understand them. Not many people are able to do that. You should be proud. Please.
Massive hugs xxx

I suppose really its expected tjat they wouldn't want to be hear me. Who would want tinge near someone do horrible and evil. That must be why sky is leaving and why flash left so fast. I can't blame them. They have the most of me sk of cluster their going to want to get away.

I remember how much you helped me when I lost Sunshine and I was in a real state. You are going through exactly the same but with double the pain. You are not horrible or evil, it is your state of mind playing tricks and you not being able to cope with your losses.

You are thinking what if, what if I went to the vet earlier, what if I noticed something more obvious, what if I had got different advice and many other what ifs. You are punishing yourself for losing them, when all you have done is love and provide the best care possible. You wouldn't be feeling so much despair if you didn't love them so much.

you love, you hurt. if you hadn't cared, you wouldn't be in this state now. vibes for you for peace of mind because I am sure no-one could have done more for them than you. xx

:( You haven't done anything wrong and you're not a bad person. You did everything you could for Sandy and Roger. Sending hugs xx

A couple of days ago a very wise person said this to me when I was feeling similar to how you feel right now

I'm really really sorry for both of you.

Sometimes its 'nice' to think we deserve something because it means there could have been another outcome- it makes us feel we have some control.

Neither you, nor Lady Lydia, deserve all this devastation around you.

Ill be thinking of you both :)

((((Hugs)))) xx

I know this is the loss of 2 very special bunnies that is making you feel like this.
I really hope you believe me when I say you are definitely not horrible or evil and I have evidence of this.
Everytime I needed help I would contact you, especially with Minnie, you would take us to the vets, you would support me, back me up and always with Minnies care and wellbeing. Do you think I would let a horrible, evil person hold her as she passed?
Look how much you done for Roger. His only other option was to pts. You saved him, gave him back his life and he trusted you.
Remember what you said to me. Concentrate on a nother project? Have you got one?
Sending you love and hugs.x

Back