• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hucth and run for Rowan and Harriet :)

vee-jay

Mama Doe
So moved thier hutch to the patio today and added on one of the runs. First off I was going to put the hutch on top of the run, but it would only fit if i cut the legs off which i didnt really want to do :L So I decided to mesh the bottom of the hutch and just add it on :)
Still needs painting, and a ramp put in , also the roof needs re felting. Then I am going to connect a runaround pipe from the run to another run on the grass, but here are some pics so far

investigating the run

thanks everyone :)
Im pretty proud of the hutch lasting so long, its about 6 years old now!
Im redoing my other dwarfs housing aswell, trying to make it easier on my parents when i go back to uni next month.
haha Rowan is the smaller rounder one (on the left) Harriet is bigger

So I have made the ramp and attatched the runaround!
Only problem is that they are really not keen on the ramp. I added a side bit so it feels a bit safer for them, but im wondering if I made the bars on the ramp too small? They have never seen a ramp before so they could just be wary, but if yous could, would you be able to post a pic of the ramp your buns use?
have added some pics of how it is looking now :)

Rowan thinking about giving it a go

nope too scary looking he says :L

It took my two a wee while to work out the ramp in their hutch but once they did they shoot up and down it just the thing :)

Oh my goodness they look exactly like what I imagine my buns would produce if they had babies! (Jaffa is an orange minilop and Ren is a grey nethie.)

They are so adorable!! I want to steal them!

I LOVE what you have done with their hutch too!

Great ideas :D my buns took some getting used to a ramp too, now sometimes they leap down the full thing without touching it :lol: perhaps you could put a brick underneath the bottom of it to make it a bit less steep until they get used to it?

thank you :)
great idea about the brick, I was trying to think about how to make it less steep with out making the ramp longer, thanks :)

They have mastered the tunnel though, and they are loving the grass! I just hope as it gets colder they decide to go into thier hutch more as so far I have to put them in it every night as im worried they will just sit out on the slabs in the cold rain:roll:

We found that stapling an old tea towel to the ramp in our hutch helped Flymo get up and down - I think he preferred the texture under his feet. It's completely knackered now but he's used to the ramp. Some old carpet would have the same effect I'd think?

Back