• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oxbow Joint Support Supplements

I got a free pot from my vet as a trial. My two girls adore them. I just say "treaties" and they come running to the wire and literally grab it off me. Molly has sore hocks and although on Metacam, we thought it may help her joints a bit as she is getting older (she's 6 years old now). Both girls seem happy on these supplements, although as both were quite happy about moving around before and no obvious problem with joints, it's difficult to see if the supplements work. However because the girls love these so much, I'm continuing to use them as it must be doing some good, and at least won't be doing any harm. At £10 a pot, it is expensive, as rabbits over 2kg need 2 hay tabs daily, so it lasts only a month for one rabbit, and 2 weeks for two rabbits. But it's worth it to see my happy bunnies' faces. :D

If you choose to use this, I would be interested to know if it helps your rabbit. :)

I've never seen these before!
Alice has arthritis in her back and is on metacam too, you will have to let me know how you get on I my try them :)

I've not used the joint ones but I use the digestive ones with Smokey. She loves them and they seemed to have helped her tummy a bit. I'd imagine the joint ones are good too.

I bought some for Flora but she won't touch them :(. They're extremely hard (if that makes any sense) so perhaps a little difficult for a 10.5 year old jaw? Pea and Pod love them though :roll:. I wouldn't bother to buy them again as they're pricey for what you get. I try to give her plain flax seeds but it's a bit hit and miss whether she'll eat those as well.

I'm half way through a pot and can't say I've really seen any improvement in Nibbler. Worth a try anyway I thought, but nothing so far.

Mine have arrived today , I'm yet to try them with flopsy - he's a fussy bun.

I spoke to my vet JC about them on Tuesday and he said they're great but it takes upto 8 weeks before they start to have an effect.

Flopsy will be having 1 1/2 to 2 a day.

Mine have arrived today , I'm yet to try them with flopsy - he's a fussy bun.

I spoke to my vet JC about them on Tuesday and he said they're great but it takes upto 8 weeks before they start to have an effect.

Flopsy will be having 1 1/2 to 2 a day.

Aw if JC recommends them then ill have to try some for Alice!
PS - I hear your bunnies are staying with Rhianna, I may have to pop in for a visit :love:

Aw if JC recommends them then ill have to try some for Alice!
PS - I hear your bunnies are staying with Rhianna, I may have to pop in for a visit :love:

JC says in a couple of months when the joint supplements start having an effect we might look into reducing his metacam.

The fussy Flopsy decided he didn't like them but will have them if coated in baby food so not a bad compromise :lol:

Oh yes they are going to be attempted to be bonded into a quad , I'm sure they'll love a visitor and I'm sure rhianna can do with some company. I believe it's the 5th September that we're taking them to her. :)

Back