• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Olly this morning :(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
He's eating ok, but drank loads of water overnight, more than twice what he usually drinks :? And he'd done plenty of poops overnight too, but he hasn't been at all this morning, which is really strange. He's just in his house resting now, which is normal for this time, but I'm worried. The vets shuts at 1, which is really annoying, because i'd like to monitor him for the day. But if he's still eating i don't know what they would do? :(

Has he wee'd ?

Are you familiar with how a normal Rabbit abdomen feels on palpation ?

If in doubt I'd take him to the Vet, even if it is just to be informed that there is nothing wrong !!

Has he wee'd ?

Are you familiar with how a normal Rabbit abdomen feels on palpation ?

If in doubt I'd take him to the Vet, even if it is just to be informed that there is nothing wrong !!

Yes he has had a wee about half an hour ago, and I've seen him eating caecotrophs :? Ill give him til 12.00 then ring the vets. I would know if his abdomen was bloated, but not sure about anything else :?

Yes he has had a wee about half an hour ago, and I've seen him eating caecotrophs :? Ill give him til 12.00 then ring the vets. I would know if his abdomen was bloated, but not sure about anything else :?

Just wondering if he may have a UTI brewing

Just wondering if he may have a UTI brewing

He's already being treated for one! I took him to the vets on mon because hed been having trouble weeing and getting it all over him, but he's been on baytril since mon and has been great the last few days! He is weeing fine now. It's just that I haven't seen any droppings since he had his breakfast, and he always goes to the loo before he goes to bed for the day :? I'm hoping he just did loads before I got up and he just isn't ready to go again yet? :? I have spoken to the vet just now as I need to get more baytril, he said if he is still eating to just give him time rather than stress him out more taking him :? But he will see him if I want. I don't know!

I am at the vets (on my own) picking up olly's baytril, but am waiting to ask if i can get some metoclop aswell just in case i need it over the weekend - the emergency vets always do more harm than good, they are clueless about rabbits :(
Having said all this, i might be just being paranoid, as Olly does seem fine in himself :? He's eaten everything as normal this morning. It's just weird!

hope he's ok. I always feel reassured if I have meds at the ready. There again I have lots of meds at the ready now unfortunately!

Olly is fine :roll: I think I'm getting a bit OCD with my bunnies, it's a bit worrying :? He has done plenty of poops tonight, he must have just done loads before I got up this morning.
Thank you for the vibes everyone :love:

Just seen this.

So glad that Olly is ok after all. Better to be safe than sorry especially at the weekend. Xxxx

Back