• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel bad as:(

xoxShooterxox

Warren Scout
--i posted this post in the wrong place the first time.--

I took shooter out of his cage and started petting him on the head. i noticed when i slid my fingers up his head chucks of fur would come of. i was really scared and had a look and chunks were like coming out now he has bald spots(2) why were there such big chucks coming out?? i felt like crying i feeellll ssoooooo badddd

is it normal? if i didnt check, would it had turn bad? how long would it grow back?

I have a cashmere lop and when he is groomed large chunks of fur come away and once and he gets huge bald patches. It's always grows back fine.

Are you sure it's not the start of a moult? Both of my bunnies moult(ed) in random places all over their bodies, and just as you described if you stroke them or groom them handfuls of fur come out.

Have you checked underneath to see if there's a new coat coming through?

Are you sure it's not the start of a moult? Both of my bunnies moult(ed) in random places all over their bodies, and just as you described if you stroke them or groom them handfuls of fur come out.

Have you checked underneath to see if there's a new coat coming through?

There were 2 bald spots, one on the back of his head and one near his ear(very close together) the one near his ear hasn't had a new coat come through yet but the one near it is almost finished fully growing.

Back