• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Me addicted? Never!

Fellie

Warren Veteran
I really don't think I am mad - but some people at work do when I show them the latest gadget thingy on my phone that has a live video stream from the web cameras we've set up in the hutches :lol:

It's brilliant - we've put in two web cams into each of the hutches so now it's really is Big Brother time for the buns - we can watch what they are doing all day :thumb:

And no - not addicted to watching them at all (well..sort of addicted..maybe alot :oops:)

Hey that's brilliant!
I want to do the same but got so confused with all the web cams around !
So what ones have you got and how have you done it???
Would really love to know pleeease??????????
Thanks
Nikki

That is great! I want to set up something like that with my Mushroom!
I think that's such an awesome thing to be able to check on your buns 24/7!

I especially would love to do that now with mushroom being ill with EC. He is doing so much better so I am starting to leave him alone a bit, but every now and then when I am out I have a bit of a panic and hope he's okay at home alone! He always is :lol: but still, the webcam setup would make life less stressful right now. Maybe I'll try to hook something up!

Is it an app that you are using to view the cams on your phone?

Will find out what's what when I get home... hubby set it all up so will pick his brains once I've fed him:D

What I found out was is that the whole system is manufactured by SWANN - and you can use remote computers or mobile phones to view. The app for mobiles is very good. He got it from Maplins- it was one of the more reasonably priced good makes.

We did have issues setting it up but that was because of our weird broadband set up in the flat - so Jonny rang SWANN customer services who were really good and sorted it all out for us once we gave them permission to log into our computer systems - they even fixed a couple of other problems we had on our computers - so I would highly recommend them!

Although we have great fun looking at the bunnies from afar - we actually got the system for peace of mind if we're away. My MIL comes into feed etc but we would like to be able to check they are okay and can then direct her if something seems a bit off.

What do you need apart from the actual webcams? How do they connect to the house?

Oh, just seen you have a phone and remote controls. Do you have a link for the system please?

Back