• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Branching out?? Rainbow Cats Retirement Home!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We have always had elderly cats as well as elderly bunnies and Steve is definitely more of a cat person than a bunny person. So when an appeal went out on FB for a 17 year old cat with three legs needing a home we knew he would fit in perfectly with us :love: sadly Roger's owner is at the end stages of leukemia and can no longer care for him. She is only 69 :(

Roger arrived Sunday and while he seems to have settled down well he has been suffering with diarrhea and vomiting. We were hoping it was just stress but got him a full blood tests done and he has terrible thyroid issues and associated liver problems :( He has started medication straight away so hopefully he will stabilise in time. He is very frail and can only take one hop on his back leg before collapsing. but he is the friendliest contentest cat in the world who only want to sleep and be fussed :love::love: We have to lift him every where but he is a pleasure to care for ( and is even more of a pleasure now his tummy is settling!)

P1050221.jpg

P1050223.jpg

P1050227.jpg

P1050229.jpg

P1050236.jpg

P1050238.jpg

P1050248.jpg

P1050249.jpg

P1050250.jpg

P1050251.jpg

Now that is what I call a contented cat :love:

He has that typical cat look - 'yes I am beautiful and I know it - you humans will serve me as I wish':love:

So pleased he has found a home with you - you guys have the biggest hearts - I really do not how you do it.!

:love: He's absolutely gorgeous and looks like he's making himself at home already. I hope the meds help make him more comfortable. :love:

Bless him. :love: Very sad about his former owner, but Roger has been lucky to find such a good place for his retirement.

Back