• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes please ..little snowy

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
I have little miracle bunny with me here ..

yesterday we sent a bunny to the vets to be spayed . She had a few other probs but nothing to say that it wasn't safe for her to be spayed .

After the op she came around ok ...but after bringing her home she went downhill very fast ... collapsing and having spasms . She ended up on her side barely responding .

She was so bad we didn't even dare risk taking her back to the vets as I was convinced moving her would have killed her .

We gave her fluids and kept her warm but fully expected her to have passed away this morning .
BUT
She is now up on her feet ...if still a bit wobbly ...and slowly moving around . She is alert and although she isn't eating yet there are no signs of spasm /head tilt or any other long term neurological damage .

Its frightening how close I came to taking her to be PTS last night . She looked terrible and it seemed very likely she had some sort of brain damage .

We still have a long way to go ...but this morning I do feel positive . She is a little fighter bless her .

Huge , huge thanks to my vet last night for her advice and support . I cant tell you how much I appreciate it .

These animals will to survive never ceases to amaze me - so pleased she is still with you and loads of vibes for a continued recovery.

well after more sub cut fluids little snowy has perked up more . Shes still not eating and drinking but is very alert and sat up looking around . :)

Back