• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pretty Pippa - pics

Schez

Mama Doe
I know, I know RU... I should have been asleep hours ago but I have a little distraction over here... Mini lop Pippa...

She has only been with us a couple of days. As soon as she was plonked :)shock:) in my arms I could feel she was a timid and shy bun. Scared. Her body curled up tight and her ears held flat on her back. Her breathing rapid and eyes wide.

She has been living in my room, I want to get her checked and vaccinated by the vet before I introduce her to Harry bun. But I can see it's going to be hard to move her into her hutch and run set up with Harry. :lol:

I leave the cage door open but she doesn't venture out. I have been waiting until the quiet evenings to bring her out and share time relaxing on the bed. The first time she just stayed in one place. Hunched. But eventually her ears fell into a more relaxed "loppy" postition. Still flinching and backing up if I held my hand out to stroke her.

The next night she stuck her nose out and took a few steps. Body low and every step checked - recoiling if I held my hand out to stroke her.

Tonight she has been more adventurous. She even decided to periscope to take a better look around. :D Instead of sitting as small as she can make herself, she is (presently :D )lying out flater. She has come up to investigate me too. :love: Although still very unsure, giving her strokes and nose rubs hasn't left me worried if I've terrorised her.

She is eating and drinking well, she is on a musli mix and so I am slowly changing it to pellets. I have been giving her loads of hay, a nibble of parsley to try and a sample of apple sticks (thank you Fluffers! :wave:). And her poops are now lighter with flecks of gold (YAY - healthier rabbit poops!)

I was just thinking how amazing the little progresses are. Can't wait for the day she does a happy bunny flop or binkies. :love::love::love: I will try and post some piccies soon... She is gorgeous. :love:

Last edited:
:) that sounds like pretty fast progress to me. Well done - she's obviously learning to trust you quickly.
Erm - where are the pics?

:) that sounds like pretty fast progress to me. Well done - she's obviously learning to trust you quickly.
Erm - where are the pics?

I seem to be gaining her trust which is awesome and so rewarding. I think she is going to be a character once she finds her feet properly. I will be posting piccies soon. :wave:

Pics as promised :0)

Stretching out

Peepo!

Sittin' pretty

The pics don't her justice, can't really see her markings - but I will post better ones as and when.xx

Thank you guys :wave: I'm such a proud mummy at the mo. :love::love::love:

*WE HAD BINKIES* and carpet digging... :shock: but it's so awesome. I really wonder what her character will be. It's ever changing as she gets more confident. :love: She came out of her cage by choice and she was zipping round like crazy... Little fruit loop!:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
That first binky is just the best isn't it:love:

She is gorgeous - what a beautiful girl! I love the first few weeks of being with a new bunny - just watching them start trusting and their confidence growing - it is so rewarding!

Thank you guys :wave: I'm such a proud mummy at the mo. :love::love::love:

*WE HAD BINKIES* and carpet digging... :shock: but it's so awesome. I really wonder what her charater will be. It's ever changing as she gets more confident. :love: She came out of her cage by choice and she was zipping round like crazy... Little fruit loop!:lol::lol::lol:

:love: i just want to reach out and tickle those feetsies in that stretch photo

Back