• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Have Your Rabbits Changed?

Snowytoshi

Mama Doe
How is your rabbit different from when you first got him/her?

Toshi was six months old when we adopted him and still small:
732735.jpg

He was very hyper and dominant, if we started petting Snowy he would come flying over and shove our hands until we paid attention to him.

Now he's a bit bigger and has mellowed a bit, even grooming Paige from time to time. He is very troublesome and when we're cooking he'll follow us around hoping that we'll drop something :lol:

988C0C78-A2E3-4B63-9EAB-53869B91A384-462-0000005FDFFBB923_zps979bfd84.jpg

Paige was very scared when we adopted her, she had a calcium defiency and was very skinny. If we tried to touch her she would back into a corner and shake. She was very wobbly and didn't know how to hop down from things properly.

photo1_zps28798101.jpg

Now Paige has gained some weight and loves to be cuddled. She has gotten much better at hopping up on things and will even venture int the kitchen despite the slipperly floors or go up the stairs!

1185673_621101857910728_1407682454_n.jpg

Joshua was very aggressive when we adopted him, at breakfast time he would attack our ankles and box the cup of vegetables. He was not very graceful and despite the fact that he wanted to climb over everything it was hard for him to control his feet.

joshy002_zpsb8de3b51.jpg

Now Joshua cuddles with me at night and loves to be petted. He still grunts, but no longer out of aggression, he rarely boxes and never bites. His favorite activity is to climb on top of things and he likes to sleep on his hutch or run back and forth along the arm of the couch.

945639_591174764236771_1460870003_n.jpg

What are your bunny's stories? :wave:

Ours have just got fat :lol: :lol:

Not literally, although Coco is a little bit heavier than Thumper but is still healthy :love:

They don't like a cuddle as much as they used to, in fact they positively hate cuddles now - unless we're at the vet :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the main thing is Humphrey was given to me as an 18 month old female called Lily!! :lol::lol:
He was also aggressive apparently but he's so sweet and likes to groom me! :love:

Baby Truffle and Fudge:

When we first got them, Fudge was the smaller of the two, and was such a friendly little adventurer. She used to lick us incessantly.

Truffle was terrified of us, and used to hide behind things:

Now - Truffle is the friendly, inquisitive one. Fudge is a grump - she stomps and grunts :)

Tulip, supposedly Mango's mum, has become Tully - potentially Mango's son, but equally likely completely unrelated lol. He has always been very shy, but just this last week is allowing us to stroke him :love::

Mango didn't really change much in the 10 months she was with us, other than that she learned to run FASTER (and that she became a girl)! Having a little rest:

Sorry about the enormous photos - I don't know how to resize.

Mine are much the same ... except Frosty and Snowflake who were teeny babies when we first got them (awww). Snowflake

Frosty

Snowflake

Frosty

No real personality changes. Frosty was always the bolder of the two and more human friendly. Sadly Frosty started to fight Snowflake (after they had been neutered and living together since babies) so they are separate now.
My other two pairs are still happily together and are not people friendly (!).

Tessie (brown) and Daisy

Mottle and Peaches

Last edited:
I love these stories!:love:

Bobo is just a much bigger version of the timid little baby he was - still timid, scared of silly things and is just more grumpier now than before.
Harley is just as arrogant as she was at 14 weeks - looked down on us then and still does now :love:

Holly was a little darling when we got her - she was a bit older at 9 months and loved cuddles and nose strokes and was such an angel. Since being bonded with Sheldon though she has changed into a right little madam - thumping at things that displease her, strokes are only allowed whilst she is in the hutch, and as for cuddles - ha, what a laugh.

Sheldon is just a bigger version of the crazy little thing we had - he hyperactive, but SO friendly like a puppy dog really. He was very nervous when we first brought him home but he very quickly got his confidence and is just a brilliant bunny now.

Temperance was about 5 when we got her 2yrs ago. She was a bit overweight, extremely shy, and only a short tufty mane.

251578_10150735855565065_8074130_n.jpg

Now she has has shed her excess pounds, is super friendly, a bit of an attention seeker and has grown a glorious mane :love:

DSC00596.jpg

She still likes to eat cardboard though :?

76556_10152155339500065_1991559693_n.jpg

Ludo is about twice the size. This photo isn't from when he was a baby-baby but he's still small.

Him recently:

His personality has developed a lot too. He's now very spoilt and knows how to get his own way. He thumps, chews the paint off the door and jumps on me from the ground if he wants things. When we first got him he was much more shy!

Oh, and he also has no testicles now! :lol:

My two rabbits Buzz and Woody , brothers , were the same size when we got them about 2.5years ago at the age of 16 weeks, since then Woody has grown and is alot bigger than Buzz, they fell out about a year ago and we seperated them, they became quite shy and not forthcoming atall. When i got them both new lady buns earlier this year they have both really changed, they are both more confident, more loving towards me and will eat from my hand which they never would before!

Im happy with how my furry babies have changed over the last few months and love them even more now than I did before ! :love:

Back