• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is Not a Cheerful Thread, Sorry

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
As hard as I try I really, really cannot come to terms with losing 10 Rabbits in rapid succession this year. I have had an absolutely awful few days trying not to feel so dreadful, but I am failing :cry:

Aisling lost on 17th January 2013

Hal lost on 11th February 2013

William lost on 15th February 2013

Niamh lost on 24th February 2013

Danny lost on 8th March 2013

Tess and Stanley both lost on 11th March 2013

Big Libby lost on 30th March 2013

Patrick lost on 25th April 2013

Michael lost on 26th April 2013

I will be glad to see the back of 2013 :cry:

I dont blame you Jane, its been a helluva year for you and your buns, would test anyones resolve.. 13 is an unlucky number right enough

Hugs
Fee x

I remember your beautiful bunnies so well and its a crying shame your lost them, especially so close together. I know how hard it must be.

Hugs xxx

Jane I've been in tears on your behalf so many times this year - I just couldn't believe what an awful time you were having a few months ago. I honestly have no idea how you've coped at all.

So many beautiful buns :(

They were all such special buns to you, i'm sorry you lost them all so soon and without time to properly grieve, you are incredibly strong. Sending big hugs to you. xx

Nothing I can say will help I know, but we are all here for you and we understand how big the loss of a beloved pet is. xxx

This is incredibly hard to deal with, I can't imagine how anyone would cope losing so many beloved pets in such quick succession, I think you have done amazingly well xx

Thank you

It all still feels like a bad dream :cry:

I think the fact that I am still stuck back at 11th June 2012 when I lost Sir Victor is making things even harder.

I still have that feeling of living each day outside of myself, sort of detached. An observer of me but not me

God, I really am barking mad.............

Oh Jane :cry:. I don't know how you do it. I've been in bits about Fidget, my ONE bunny and you've lost 10. You're so stronger than you think. It's so heartbreaking - I guess this is the thing with pets, the inevitable happens but when it's all at once.

All beautiful bunnies and Michael as you know has always been a particular favourite of mine. I'm so sorry for your losses. :cry:

Thank you

I think the fact that I am still stuck back at 11th June 2012 when I lost Sir Victor is making things even harder.

I still have that feeling of living each day outside of myself, sort of detached. An observer of me but not me

Not at all, I still struggle to get over losing people and animals, it's only having the kids to focus on that keeps me happy and enables me to see everything through happy innocent eyes. Without them I don't think I could have coped with many things that have happened. So it's not unusual, grief is always different and will unfortunately play out at its own pace.
Hugs to you, I wish you happier times xx

Your not barking mad, your grieving & with good reason. I'm sorry you had to go through all that heartache, I just can't imagine. Detachment is a coping mechanism until you are able to process each loss, it will come but takes time & there are no rules as to how long it takes. Be kind to yourself you've been through hell but the saying goes "when your going through hell, don't stop" hugs & vibes for you. Take it one day at a time & post here, there are so many lovely people who understand.

That is so sad seeing all their lovely faces and knowing they are no longer with us. They have all had such a lovely home with you and you have bought a lot of happiness to their lives.

I hope things get a lot better for you and you never have a year like this again.

I'm so sorry for you losses Jane :( It's such a shame that people lovely enough to rescue often end up with the most heartbreak from their rabbits :( But, those rabbits have had absolutely brilliant lives with you and your experience (as horrible as it's been) has allowed you to save the lives of so many rabbits by giving such great advice on here, they'd be so proud :love: Stay strong, although you might not feel like it everyone on here knows how strong you really are

You have had a truly awful year so far, i'm not surprised you are feeling the way you do.

Sending hugs xxx

it has been a terrible year for you. i hope things can somehow improve. endeavour is a little ray of sunshine, and elsie tanner is so gorgeous, i loved the pictures (from yesterday?) and the dear inspector is hanging on in there.
today i've been trying to think of ways to hide away and avoid hurt and pain. i didn't come up with anything. life seems to involve a good deal of both. it was emotional pain, loss etc that i had in mind, but my poor abused mouth is suffering, too. i don't know. the world should offer safe havens for older ladies who have really seen enough.
xxx

Thank you

No Jane, you are in mourning. I often have that feeling after a loss or even just a bad shock where I don't feel like I am really here. I believe it is just part of how we cope, we mentally remove ourselves from the situation because being too close to it is too unnerving. Some of us just take longer finding solace after someone we love dies and when it is a string of someones it is that much harder to come back to ourselves.

Imagine if this were a number of human beings who had passed from a family. No one in the world would expect anything less than overwhelming sorrow at such a loss! It is no different, in my opinion, when a beloved animal companion (I refuse to use the word 'pet') passes on and that familiar face and manner and love is suddenly ripped from our level of existence. Why in all that's holy is it not seen as just as important, depending on the individual, as losing a family member??
They were your family Jane. And as members of your family your resulting sadness is a reaction I will not even begin to question.
I have a hard time believing they are all gone and they weren't even my bunnies! :shock:

So instead, all I can offer is gentle (((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) and words of kindness and understanding. I empathize with you in your grief and wish I could do something to lessen it for you, but I want you to know I am thinking of you all the way through it, for however long it takes, and even if it takes forever.
Bless you xxxx

Back