• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stinky Megazorb

Stator

Warren Veteran
I've just taken delivery of two sacks of megazorb from gjwtitmus and opened the sacks and it stinks. Really awful like sewage. Also it came in plain white plastic sacks, not the usual semitransparent ones (although they were still printed with the megazorb logo). Anyone else found similar?

i was going to say no but there is definitely a funny smell in the bunny room. i'll go and check.

eta: no, it wasn't the megazorb. it was a forgotten cabbage. :oops:

the megazorb is in a white plastic sack.

Last edited:
I've just swapped to fitch for this reason :( I used to use the megazorb as an excuse to get some treats from hay experts, otherwise I can't justify the delivery. Now I've got no excuse to buy from them, which is a shame.

I've just taken delivery of two sacks of megazorb from gjwtitmus and opened the sacks and it stinks. Really awful like sewage. Also it came in plain white plastic sacks, not the usual semitransparent ones (although they were still printed with the megazorb logo). Anyone else found similar?

Yes my last stuff was like this. But the most recent delivery is much better.

My megazorb is fine, but I have noticed that it really stinks once peed on. It's been worrying me incase on of my buns has something going on, but are both fine in themselves. :?

Just had another delivery, this time from Millbry Hill and again it's in the opaque white plastic sacks and the megazorb inside STINKS! I'm going to have to switch to something else, it's disgusting.

My megazorb comes in the opaque white bags and I've never had a problem with it. Did you contact the manufacturers?

my latest bag of megazorb is in a white plastic bag now and it doesn't smell bad but does have a smell now, and its different - its more dusty :( just as I find something that works for them they change it :( the white plastic bags now have small holes all over them - wonder if its got wet?!

I have noticed a change in smell since they changed to the white plastic bags. I wonder if it's something to do with the plastic being less breathable than the old sacks? Or a chemical in them?

I'm gutted they changed the bags as the old ones were great for storing and moving rabbit/garden waste :(

My megazorb comes in the opaque white bags and I've never had a problem with it. Did you contact the manufacturers?

I sent them an e-mail this morning so no reply yet. Looking on their website it seems they opened some kind of new anaerobic digestion plant last year. I wonder if that is stinking up their site.

I bought mine from The Hays Expert a few months ago and it stinks. I spoke to her a few weeks ago and she spoke to the suppliers who said it was the one batch, pretty huge batch by the sounds of it, and it is safe. Anyway the latest batch doesn't smell. I didn't bother ordering megazorb again and yesterday ordered 20 kgs of fitch off ebay for £15.99 including postage.

I've had quite a few bags with the new packaging, but the Megazorb inside has been OK and I've not noticed any difference....so far.

I have noticed a change in smell since they changed to the white plastic bags. I wonder if it's something to do with the plastic being less breathable than the old sacks? Or a chemical in them?

I'm gutted they changed the bags as the old ones were great for storing and moving rabbit/garden waste :(

Me too!! The old style bags were so useful.

Since the new bags mine smells horrid, like vomit.

The old bags were so much better and as already said great for garden waste *grumbles*

I must be getting old bags, they're not plastic though.. My megazorb smells... like megazorb?

Yeh, I think they are the ones I get. I thought you meant the white ones, as the sacks I used to get were a greyish translucent colour, but the ones I get are still sacks, not plastic. :?

I'm getting some more tomorrow, I used the last of it today. Hopefully I won't get this stinky batch! :shock:

Old bags

northern-driers-megazorb-animal-1788-1074_zoom.jpg

New bags
9271224308_92c31c53d4_m.jpg

This is what it smells like
2010-09-23-horse-teeth.jpg

Back