• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not been to the toilet since yesterday

carolineclair

Warren Scout
Please bare with me while i try and explain ...

Maple has always been very good at going to the loo in the same place, I often visit my parents and maple comes with me but she won't go to the toilet in their hutch (exactly the same as mine)

She just spent 7 weeks there so I transported my hutch to my mums incase that made a difference, it didn't. My mum had to attach her carry case to the hutch as its the only place she would go to the loo apart from in the garden where she would happily go anywhere.

So anyway last night she moved back to mine and she hasn't been to the toilet since last night. I've put the carry case out and she has her usual hutch that she's always used happily. I don't know what else to do. She's munching away on hay and drinking and hopping around the living room but no poo or wee anywhere... Help!!!!

That's an odd one! :? If she hasn't been at all today, I think I'd get her to the vets for a gut stimulant/ examination. Don't know what else you could do!

I have one dose of fibreplex left that she was prescribed in feb but literally just one tiny dose, is it worth giving her that?

I've put her in her carry case (where she's usually more than happy to go while I try and find an open vet, fingers crossed she will go, she seems to keep backing into the corner but then gets nosey at what's going on outside the carrier! Thanks for the advice

Hi, I have no experience of the medication you mention but could you not let her out in your garden at all to see if she will go at all. Does she have a litter box? Is it in a different place? I'm only going by my own recent experience with my own bun who I think was stressed whilst bonding and having his litter tray in a different place although he had weed in it but not pooped. Once we put him on the lawn he pooped straight away and then was ok back in his hutch.

Others who have replied are much more experienced than me and I forgot to say if Will hadn't pooped he'd have been straight to vets as we'd sadly lost his sister 2 weeks before (not because of anything toilet related I hasten t add) but i wasn't taking any chances.

Last edited:
My Woody is exactly the same - he will only poo and wee in his run. So, when he is at the vets all day he won't do anything. Also, if he is ever inside for a whole he won't do a drop.

When he arrives home the second I place him in his run it all comes out in seconds. He holds it in all day.

If there isn't anything strange going on inside her maybe she is confused with the change of location? She has been away for a while and even though she was in the same hutch it is a change in location.

It's probably worth a vet visit though.

I hope she will go soon.

I wouldn't give her the fibreplex - pretty sure it says on the box to discard after 7 days or something?

Can you not put her carrier in the hutch for her to wee and poo in? Dirty of course, don't clean it!

What you need to do next depends on what she is eating and drinking - if she is not doing so, or not eating and drinking normal amounts then you need to take her to the vet before she goes into stasis.

Thanks everyone for your opinions and concern. Sorry this is a slow reply!! Fortunately she has now been both poos and wees, she is a nightmare because she will only go in such specific places!! I know I should be grateful she doesn't poo all over the house!!

Thank you anyway and phew we didn't need to go to the vets!

P.s I had moved her hutch to a slightly different part of my lounge (moved by a meter) I moved it back and thats when she went !!!

Thanks for the update. Nice to know she's"been".

Aren't they funny that they're so picky

Back