• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hydrangea is in a burrow :( Sad update

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
She has hidden for the last few hours in a really long burrow and won't come out - I can't even see her. I assume she must be ill as the others are all out grazing but am worried it's even worse. Have tried digging down but the ground is like concrete and I'm worried I'll injure her if the spade slips. Am currently on hold for RSPCA. :cry:

Last edited:
Can you dig her out little by little starting at the entrance, so chip away the roof of the burrow. Checking an arms length ahead as you go?

Can you dig her out little by little starting at the entrance, so chip away the roof of the burrow. Checking an arms length ahead as you go?

I'm trying to but the ground is rock hard. Am trying to soak it with water but don't want to destabilize the burrow. The RSPCA say they won't do anything for 24 hours. :cry:

Do you know anyone with a pick axe? A fork will be better than a spade, but you'll need to be really careful....is there anyone you know who could come round and help you?

Have you any idea how far back it goes? Have you tried shining a torch down to see if you can see her?

Found her!

Thank you both :wave:

I was digging and looked round and there she was. She's not right, though, so has a vets appt for 6 - no bunny-savvy vets available before then but will give her some metacam meanwhile.

PHEW!!! I had visions of having to borrow my brothers pneumatic drill and making an emergency trip down the A12!! I hope she is OK and nothing too serious!

PHEW!!! I had visions of having to borrow my brothers pneumatic drill and making an emergency trip down the A12!! I hope she is OK and nothing too serious!

Aw thank you! Have blocked the hole off now. I'm really not sure - suspect teeth - but I'll see if the metacam makes a difference. Her weight seems fine. Fingers crossed she'll be okay.... :?

Must be hard to find your lot when they go awol in your massive garden!

Hope she gets on well at the vets x

Must be hard to find your lot when they go awol in your massive garden!

Hope she gets on well at the vets x

Talking of that massive garden, it's high time we had some new pictures of the herd of bunnies roaming around on it!!!

Thanks all :wave:

Hopefully it will be something straightforward....

Will have to see about some pics.... ;)

This is why we have now meshed our garden - to stop this happenning - we had it several times

I know you have a huge garden but we meshed all of our large garden with relatively cheap mesh.

Back