• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Side by side living

Clare-uk

Mama Doe
So this is probably a really stupid question but would bunnies living side by side be some kind of company, sort of better than nothing? Just because I have been told about two young buns looking for a home together & wondered if I could build a run attached by one panel/side so my older bun could see/sniff the other two? Just wondered, I'm a sifting for those in need - think I should just start building an ark lol

people think not. but my four are living as two pairs in compounds about a foot apart. they're not exactly friends, but it isn't causing any problems.

Charlie has moved outside and is near to Donny & Lola and they've been fine, Don & Lola aren't bothered and Charlie seems to enjoy being by them :)

Oops was meant to be softy for those in need (using my phone & auto correct is annoying!) I may go see to babies then, thank you for your help :)

My two single bunnies live side by side. They used to be bonded but fell out and we havent been able to get them back together.

They don't interacte between the bars at all however when Snowdrop is out free ranging she will lie in the plant pot next alongside Strawberrys run. He usually lies the other side with his back to her!

Also just to add you need to make sure you double mesh everything so that they can't bite through the bars. I learnt the hard way and Mr B lost his nose when Snowdrop bit him through a run panel.

Also just to add you need to make sure you double mesh everything so that they can't bite through the bars. I learnt the hard way and Mr B lost his nose when Snowdrop bit him through a run panel.

Oh my goodness, ouch, Poor Mr B. I was thinking along the lines of a small gap, now I will definitely make sure there is. (Oh the poor love, thats really made me feel for him) How was Mr B after all that?

We have 4 indoor buns -living in 2 pairs in hutches next to each other - but we have put a big piece of cardboard between the hutches otherwise they go a bit bonkers at the sight of each other (even though they they know full well that they're not the only pair of bunnies living there :roll:)

I put cardboard over a mesh divide between my 2 does and a single buck (all spayed/neutered) and let them demolish it in their own time. They havent reacted badly since it came down (was up for a few weeks before they destroyed it).

That's a really good idea & it's the same mix I would have 1 buck 2 doe's.

Thanks for all the replies, really appreciated :D

Depends. I've never had a problem but some bunnies can get referred aggression. Ie if your pair. Frustrated they can't get at your single they may fight with each other instead.

Back