• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Seriously fed up of moulting :(

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
All 4 of mine are moulting PROFUSELY at the moment. Despite me spending most of my evenings plucking them all, and plucking whenever I stroke them, I've still had Mimi have a stasis episode at the weekend, and today when I got in from work Charlotte was refusing food and very uncomfortable :(

I've given her some Metacloperamide and a tummy massage, she passed a string of poos and now seems fine. It's SO stressful though :evil::(

ETA. Also I'm going away this weekend for 3 days and I'm PETRIFIED one of them is going to go into stasis while I'm away :cry:

:( My Mini is badly moulting. I've been giving them one papaya tablet a week each since Smudge's stasis episodes mysteriously migrated to Mini. I'm sure Smudge's excessive amount of fur puts stess in some way on their systems.

:( My Mini is badly moulting. I've been giving them one papaya tablet a week each since Smudge's stasis episodes mysteriously migrated to Mini. I'm sure Smudge's excessive amount of fur puts stess in some way on their systems.

Yes and if they groom him while he's like that they probably ingest a lot too :(

I'm going to buy a pineapple tomorrow I think, although Charlotte won't eat it :roll:

I got the tabkets because Mini is not good with even a small amount of sugar. Even then I have to limit it to one a week as more gives her icky bottom.

Oh really? I don't have fibreplex but I have Critcal Care, are they similar things? :wave:

No, critical care is a recovery food for when they won't eat, fibreplex is just a paste that is full of fibre and helps everything move through their gut properly. It's also carrot flavour, Olly begs me for it!! :lol: he has it on a saucer :lol:

No, critical care is a recovery food for when they won't eat, fibreplex is just a paste that is full of fibre and helps everything move through their gut properly. It's also carrot flavour, Olly begs me for it!! :lol: he has it on a saucer :lol:

Gonna have a search on line and see if I can get some. Thank you :wave:

Back