• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free range post destroyers!! Recommendations pls!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
So my free range rascals have taken a liking to nomming and eating caecals on my post :shock::lol:!!!

78181649-5000-4E3A-A048-6DAE4712941F-44765-00003CE0DCD292C0.jpg

So far I have been lucky and it hasn't been anything important! Does anyone have any recommendations for those metal baskets? Ideally Id like one that I don't have to drill into the door to attach it so something I could sort of hook through the letterbox... if they do such a thing?!

I know it did make me giggle when I saw it, especially the giant caecal skid mark :lol: they have no respect for my stuff :lol:

I used to put a washing basket in front of the door, although that wasn't really particularly practical! :D

I used to put a washing basket in front of the door, although that wasn't really particularly practical! :D

Ooh but it's a good idea! This will annoy them though as for some reason they like having a mid morning snooze on that patch of the carpet under the letterbox :roll: I have a treadmill stuffed in the hallway infront of the front door and they like to run down the hall and round it. I presume they like sleeping there because they feel protected with the door behind and the treadmill infront and an escape route round either side of it!

Don't they get scared when the post suddenly flies through the letterbox? :D My bunnies used to mainly be just to the left of the door under a little table, so the post didn't usually land on their heads, but they were a bit partial to laying in front of the door too.

Ha ha ha!! My former bun was a post destroyer. I had to guess which delivery company to ring to see whether they had tried to deliver a parcel at all and, if so, ask where it was. The woman at the other end of the phone thought it was hilarious when I said that all I had left of their card was an inch-square piece from the bottom corner..... :D

Hahaha, had to show this to Jay. :lol:

Your buns are little tinkers!! :lol:

No solution though - sorry! :p

Last edited:
I presume it must scare them when the post arrives but my worry is they'll freeze and the post, sometimes a heavy amazon item, might land on them :shock: I have to keep them restricted to the lounge and kitchen on days Im expecting a parcel just in case!

SJH :lol: yes I too have come home to nommed delivery receipts fortunately the necessary info was still readable :lol: I have wondered if there has ever been a occasion where they might have completely eaten a small letter coz Id never know :lol:

Susie at least from the evidence we know for sure Ms Daisy was involved, Dudley is still maintaining his innocence, but Im not convinced!

It wasnt post, but I came home once and found Dudley up on the sofa, he had dragged a paper I had been reading on the new combi vac off of the magazine rack and was tucking into it!! It's almost like he knew this was related to the hideous vet trips and decided to get rid of it :lol:

It wasnt post, but I came home once and found Dudley up on the sofa, he had dragged a paper I had been reading on the new combi vac off of the magazine rack and was tucking into it!! It's almost like he knew this was related to the hideous vet trips and decided to get rid of it :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now if he could perform some kind of destruction service with junk mail, that might actually be useful. Here's hoping he hasn't destroyed any letters about a tax rebate!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now if he could perform some kind of destruction service with junk mail, that might actually be useful. Here's hoping he hasn't destroyed any letters about a tax rebate!

Tax rebate!! I should be so lucky, but then again the bunnies eating it really would be my type of luck :lol:

I had a new yellow pages come through the door the other day and after my first horrifying thought that it could have landed on the bunnies, I then wondered who on earth still uses them??? apart from giving them to bunnies as something to tear and rip up :lol:

Haha, ours turned up too and, weirdly, I actually had to use it on the first day! :shock: We had a power cut, and there was all sorts of useful info in there about who to contact to find out what was going on.

HaHa that was good timing then! I cant remember the last time I used one and this latest one when straight from the post pile into the paper waste bag.. already overflowing with junk mail!

Susie at least from the evidence we know for sure Ms Daisy was involved, Dudley is still maintaining his innocence, but Im not convinced!

I wouldn't have thought boring white envelopes had much appeal for Daisy, but I do recognise the ... er ... evidence. I'd have thought The Queen of Nommings would prefer a supermarket leaflet, a takeaway menu perhaps ... or even a clothes catalogue! :p

Back