• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anxious about foxes in the vicinity

nicki

Warren Scout
Hi,
This is not my first post on this topic but I am more concerned than previously.
We had 3 fox cubs playing in the front garden at 3am this morning but also a fox very briefly passing through the back of the garden during the day recently.
My bunnies live in a very secure shed at the side of the house with an attached run - lots of padlocks, on concrete, double welded wire meshing so a fox would not be able to get to the bunnies but could still frighten them. They are obviously shut in at night.
The perimeter fencing is good but lower between my house and neighbours.
I have a sonic advanced fox warning system facing out from the run.

I have done a bit of research and was considering getting scoot repellent as well which mimics the foxes' scent so they think it is another foxes' territory.
We also have sensor security lights at the side and back of the house.

I wondered what repellents/deterrents others have found effective or any other suggestions?
Many thanks,
Nicki

Thanks Helen,
I have Primrose's advanced fox warning system which is similar to a Foxwatch and emits a high frequency.
It came with a money back guarantee but as you say it is difficult to test it!!
It's very confusing to choose between different deterrents as they have such mixed reviews.

Nicki

I have a foxwatch and a niteguard. i haven't seen the fox since but not been using it long so could be a coincidence.

Back