• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Me again .. vet question

Carolinew5

Warren Scout
Would a vet do a spay and neutered on the same day but my male bunny only has one of his boy bits down im hopeing that after waiting another month things will change and she will feel it and say all is ok ... I wonder this as i have a week off when either one is going and i also want to re bond them before christmas ...

how old is the boy bunny?

i was advised to wait with jasper, to see if they came down by themselves (they didnt).

He is 6 months we have been waiting since he was 14 weeks and i separated them .. i so want to see them together again before the weather gets bad .. what happen with your bunny did they operate ?

They should be able to do both on the same day, yes. If he is a normal sized breed (i.e. not a giant breed) and one of his testicles is still missing, then I would ask if they can do it anyway and go for a rummage to find the other one. I would have expected it to have dropped by now in most instances, but I've also had a foster in the past where one didn't drop and the vet just had to go looking in a bit more detail and pop it out. Aside from the fact that you clearly want it done so you can bond them, it's important that undescended testicles are removed as they can turn cancerous.

Good luck, hope everything goes well x x

Back