• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is the shipping worth the amount of hay?

I<3Rabbits

Mama Doe
On hay for pets they do a free sample. Is the hay worth the delivery cost? I just don't want to pay and get a farty bag of hay :)

I think it is definitely worth trying the sample pack - no point in forking out for a huge bag of hay only to find your rabbits don't like it.
(Knowing rabbits, of course, nothing to say that they won't scoff a particular bag of the sample hay - then, when you've got them a big bag - decide they've gone off it. :roll:)

You don't get very much hay with the sample pack, you won't be able to use it to feed your rabbits for any length of time. It's only worth the money if you are worried about ordering a large bale and having to throw it away because the rabbits don't like it. However they will probably love it, so you might as well just order a big bale.

Even if I know there is a chance mine won't eat it, I'll order the £16 bags of h4p every time, it gets used and yeah it might be used as litter tray hay rather than eaten but 9/10 they will eat it all :D

Mine looooooove the Timothy and rye h4p . Ordered the big bag this time as they are not impressed with the normal Timothy hay I stick at the bottom for the wee.i admire if imexpecting an delivery and it's running low so add more ordinary hay ... I get bunny evils .

Back