• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help bonding Alfie please

Rexripley

Mama Doe
Alfie and domino (until we rename her if she's staying)
Have been swapping living spaces for the last few days.

The ignored each other at the sspca
Had a fight that had to be broken up on their date on Sunday
And today we took them into the kitchen again, where they ignored each other at first, then they both kept trying to lower their head to get groomed and neither of them would give in
They wandered about a bit again then Alfie tried biting her bum, then there was circling again which had to get broken up

Do you think this will work? :$ we only have til a week on Saturday to decide if she is suitable for Alfie otherwise we have to return her (I hope this doesn't have to happen but I can't have two singles and a bonded pair as well.)

My two indoor buns were the same - it took months!!! but they are sooooo loved up now it's unreal & was worth it.

I'm still early days with my two outside frenchies - 2 days with nasty fights! I'm persevering, can't think about sending my new lady back :cry:

makes you wish they could speak....:wave:

I'm sorry I don't know anything about bonding,just trying to bump it for you. But I did read recently (I expect you already know this sorry ) that you can start off by tricking them into grooming by rubbing a little piece of mashed banana on each buns neck ;)

Ignoring each other is a pretty good sign!

Was it a proper fight? Did you have to prise them apart?

One of them will probably eventually give in and groom the other one, then hopefully they will groom each other. It can take a while though.

When I was bonding Bungee and Bo, she would nip him on the bum and chase him. She still does it now and they are happily bonded. Perfectly normal behaviour.

Just keep an eye on them when they are circling, as I've read that this can lead to a fight, but only seperate if entirely necessary.

There is no reason why this won't work!

Good luck :wave:

To be honest ive bonded twice before and seen this behaviour but just worried this time because this is alfies second partner and ive only bonded young bunnies before. New buns older

Back