• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange noises

Sam and Truffs

Mama Doe
Nettle, one of the new rescue contis, keeps making a strange noise. It isn't a purr or a grunt, but more like a chicken! Willow seems to be very much the dominant bun and keeps mounting her, and Nettle doesn't move or chase. She doesn't only make this noise then either, she seems to make it quite often. Is she stressed?
I'll be glad to get their shed finished and the spays over and done with TBH, it feels like they'll be having a rather unsettled time. They are having their vacs and check up on Wednesday morning, presuming I can get them into the carrier!

Hector sometimes makes a clucking sound. Usually when his head is flat in front of him when he lies down. It doesn't seem to trouble him (just me - its a little disconcerting!)

I've come to the conclusion it's nothing to worry about given hrs done it for the last 18 m intermittently!

OK, thanks, hopefully this is nothing to worry about either then. My other 2 are totally silent other than that little contented clicking purr when you stroke them sometimes, so it's a bit odd that it sounds like there's a chicken in my garden. They aren't allowed on our estate either!

my female makes odd noises when my male tries to mount her, it's like a muttering noise (not sure if it is the same) but she is basically warning him to back off a bit - she likes her space and he's quite clingy with her :lol:

unfortunately if he ignores her sounds she sometimes lunges at him but not as often now, they're more used to each other.

when I hear her starting to mutter I'll go in and stroke them both to calm them down then they're fine :)

I would get it looked at by a vet to rule out any respiratory problems, as many sound like clucking or clicking.

Back