• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blue Rex rabbits

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
Hi all
My dream bunny is a blue Rex and wondered if baby Rex rabbits come up in rescue very often. I've seen adu,ts but never babies! In the near future I may be looking for a female as a friend for my boy bunny Chester but I want a baby as I think bonding would be easier with him as the last bond took 6 months!

I've had many breeds over the years but never a pure Rex!

There was a blue Rex at the rescue I got Robin from, but he is on reserve :( I know that may not be helpful, but at least know it is possible for it to happen :)

I'm a massive Rex fan, I have a black Rex willow he was from a rescue.see BB and LB on Pinterest at bath rescue, that's where my willow came from! :thumb:

I'd love Belgian hares I bet the dont really come in as rescues very often and I will only have rescue animals ;)

It's not as common to get rex babies as I think you need to rexes to make a rex, and they aren't as common in pet shops. Certainly blue rexes do come into rescues though, and personally I think not having to worry through a neutered op makes up for missing the 6 weeks of babyness :lol:

Sure I couldn't tempt you with these two :p
rodtodd_zps52dee613.jpg

If only you lived in the US... 375 Mini Rexes were seized from a breeder in June. Some were pregnant and had their babies at the rescues, in the end there were more than 400 rabbits :shock: Quite a few have already been adopted, but there are still many in rescues across the country.

Best of luck in your search xx

It's not as common to get rex babies as I think you need to rexes to make a rex, and they aren't as common in pet shops. Certainly blue rexes do come into rescues though, and personally I think not having to worry through a neutered op makes up for missing the 6 weeks of babyness :lol:

I want a baby as I think it will be easier to bond than adult as my Chester is a little difficult!

If only you lived in the US... 375 Mini Rexes were seized from a breeder in June. Some were pregnant and had their babies at the rescues, in the end there were more than 400 rabbits :shock: Quite a few have already been adopted, but there are still many in rescues across the country.

Best of luck in your search xx

Omg!! So many rabbits! I hope they all find their forever homes and the breeder gets what they deserve!

I'd have thought it would be harder to bond a baby once they grow up and get hormonal?

I think it's a case of keep looking or try with an adult.

A belgian hare in rescue? I am seriously interested. Oh, just re-read 'had' a belgian hare .... ah well.

Back