• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting

MrCutey

Banned
I apologise if this is a stupid question but...
How often do rabbits moult? And how long does each moult usually last?!
I have been brushing him twice a day for the past week but it seems to be never ending! :shock:

I think every bun is different. Tiny was moulting for about 2 months and has only just stopped, but he'll probably start again soon as he seems to love moulting :lol:

I apologise if this is a stupid question but...
How often do rabbits moult? And how long does each moult usually last?!
I have been brushing him twice a day for the past week but it seems to be never ending! :shock:

I'm beginning to think forever:shock:

Hopefully once it starts cooling down a bit all of our buns will stop shedding so much hair!

Tia - forever!!!!!!!!! Literally has been moulting since we got her!
Rupert - he does his big summer moult in June, then a little one in Autumn - but he tends to keep his fur and add to it in Autumn :love:

My two are in quite heavy moult again,!,!,! They had stopped recently, poor souls, I dont think they know whether they are coming or going,,,,

All my 4 are moulting heavily at the moment and have been for about a week and a half. I'm literally plucking clumps out of them, it's a nightmare :evil:

I had read that a lot of rabbits here were moulting, that's why I wondered if there was some sort of rabbit moulting season :oops:
I've only had him for a few months and this is the first time he has moulted with me so I'm a bit clueless!
Luckily since creating this thread a few days ago I *think* my rabbit is coming to the end of his moult (fingers crossed anyway!)

Last edited:
Back