• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not sure how to deal with this

Angie B

Wise Old Thumper
(and not sure if this is in the right section)

Briefly, the rabbit boarder I used last year was ace :thumb: but when I went to book my girls in with her this year, she was full :(. However, she gave me the details of a girl who used to work for/with her and had set up on her own (same company but in her own right at her own house) and we were going to be her first bunnies.

Quickly (as my eggs are boiling!) when we got there she asked if they were okay to eat lettuce :shock:. I soon put her right and told her that I was actually alarmed at the fact that she thought they could eat lettuce. She won't be feeding any rabbit lettuce, let's just say.

Texts from and to during my holiday, all was well and she also initially had to give Thumper some meds as she wasn't quite well when dropped her off (normal tummy issues so no real concerns).

Picked them up on Saturday - no hay rack :shock:. I asked where the hay was. "Oh, I haven't filled it up today being as you were coming" she said, opening the bed chamber door "but this is what's left". It had straw in it, not hay :shock:.

I said "what hay have you been feeding them as they can be fussy?"

"This, well it's straw really". :shock:

So she thought they could eat lettuce and has only given them barley straw for 2 weeks (aside from their pellets etc that I dropped off with them).

Not sure who to complain to. Thought about the original woman I used from last year who gave me this girl's number.

She needs to know that rabbits need hay, not straw, especially mine who are prone to upset tummies.

I was glad to get them back and needless to say doubt they'll go there again.

I'd put your concerns in writing to her, and let the person that recommended her know you weren't happy so they can decide whether to rec in future.

If she is advertising, i'd leave an honest review... Thats really not good enough..

I would also definitely say to person recommending her, they need to know....

Hope the bunnies recover ok!

Fee x

I agree with the above posts. If I was recommend ing someone and they had a bad experience I would want to know so I didn't do it again. Hopefully the original boarder can point her old colleague in the right direction

Back