• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One up, one down rabbit suddenly gone completely lop??

Kavanne

Mama Doe
I have an approx 2 year old rescue lionhead. She's always had one ear up and one ear down... until the other day.

Can this happen???? I have looked in her ear and I can't see any inflammation and she can pick it up when she wants to but it seems to have gone lopped as the default position. She is still eating and drinking well, no change in poos!

My girl all of a sudden became a "real" lop when she had hurt her leg and was in severe pain. I'd get her to a vet in case there's something wrong xxx

I really don't want to go to the vet unless we have to. She is totally 100% fine in herself, if there was anything else then yes I would get her to one ASAP. I'll keep an eye and maybe I'll book an appointment for Tuesday.

I do think it is heat as that was my first thought

It's funny you should post about this, my rabbit Florence has always had one up and one down ear, however since the last few days both have lopped, she looks so different. There is nothing wrong with her at all she is exactly how she always is. Just very strange :lol:

My Max was a 1 ear up 1 down bunny until he was about 9 months when the "uppy" ear suddenly flopped one day. He's been a lop ever since :wave:

My 4yrol bun was also one up one down but the last month has been proper lop, his girlfriend is full lop , itsvsince weve had hot weather too

I really don't want to go to the vet unless we have to. She is totally 100% fine in herself, if there was anything else then yes I would get her to one ASAP. I'll keep an eye and maybe I'll book an appointment for Tuesday.

I do think it is heat as that was my first thought

No, it's not worth the emergency vet on a Sunday if she isn't exhibiting any other symptoms, but I would give her a thorough health check yourself, including a good look through the fur on her bum for flystrike. If it is a hot day where you are it may be the heat, but best to be safe.

1 of our dwarf lops always had 1 up ear but this morning it actually lopped ive been dead happy it finally lopped all day but now im worried after reading this lol hes only 6months so is he just late in lopping lol his brothers lopped ages ago!!!

The stray I took one has 1 ear up and 1 ear down, but she has now turned into a lop. :lol: I don't think it's anything to worry about as long as your bun isn't showing signs of pain/illness.

My foster bunny Penny always had one up one down. Then after she went to her forever home both ears lopped, but she did go through a period of ill health. I saw her a couple of weeks ago and she's quite well at the moment *touches wood* and she's got her uppy ear back again.

Hopefully your bunny is just fine xx

Back