• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Storing Hay

Ailstar

Mama Doe
Hi, I was just wondering what people use to store their hay? I buy bags from the Internet rather than bales. Around 3kg at a time of each type (4 different types) it all comes in clear plastic bags which I open and then close with a clip leaving a gap for air flow but I'm worried this isn't enough to stop it sweating and also as I store it in an outside shed I'm worried about mice/rats in the winter.

Duvet cover and then kept in what used to be our hallway cupboard built for shoes, coats, boots etc. Now it stores pellets, hay, cat litter :shock: I never thought we'd be using it for that when we built the bungalow!!:shock:

I buy bales and split them into empty megazorb bags as that makes it much easier for me to keep the hay under control.

I have a big plastic storage box which I drilled holes into around the top. It was originally for my hammy. It's a really good, mess free way of storing it. :D

Back