• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How late do your rabbits stay up till?

lancslass

Young Bun
I've just been out to check on our buns and they're still up and in the run, it's gone half one in the morning.

They do go into the hutch, I know they can go there if they want to, but they seem to spend nearly all their time in the runs. They seem to doze off in the litter tray under the hutch for most of the day, then they're up and bimbling about all evening and into the night. When I go and see them in the morning, they're up and about again, ready for breakfast :)

I guess they'll go up to bed when they want to, but just wondered what was normal?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm new to rabbits :)

They're a lot more active in the night! They snooze a lot in the day time and then the odd snooze here and there through the night :)

mine are more active at night too. they tend to sleep most of the morning and afternoon but they're active at around dawn and dusk.

Having a housebun has been very informative! Mine lives in the sitting room but we leave our bedroom door open at night so he can come in if he wants to. We have found that he is active from first light although he does not disturb us but if we aren't awake by 7.30pm he comes through to look for us. He is then active for about 2 hrs before zonking unless food is offered. Mid morning he is racing around again until early afternoon when he flakes out all afternoon and early evening. He then gets active again from about 9pm and is still up and about when we go to bed at 11pm.
He has great bursts of racing around and binkying in the mornngs but does seem to spend alot of time in puddle mode snoring!

Rabbits don't go to bed as such, they don't have a set period to sleep but nap during their sleepier times, like in the middle of the day. They are naturally much more active at dawn and dusk, like wild rabbits.

Ah it's all good then - I'd read they were active at dawn and dusk, but expected that they'd want to go in the hutch overnight. The last few days and nights they don't seem to have been in the hutch much at all. They have two runs and there are places in them where they like to doze and relax. They disappear into the runaround tube sometimes aswell :)

I'm guessing they'll use the hutch more when it gets colder.

Thanks for the replies :wave:

Ah it's all good then - I'd read they were active at dawn and dusk, but expected that they'd want to go in the hutch overnight. The last few days and nights they don't seem to have been in the hutch much at all. They have two runs and there are places in them where they like to doze and relax. They disappear into the runaround tube sometimes aswell :)

I'm guessing they'll use the hutch more when it gets colder.

Thanks for the replies :wave:

Mine dislike rain and snow, so they nap in the hutch then, but otherwise they prefer to sleep in the run for some reason.

Mine go to the hutch when its windy or absolutely pouring down with rain. But mostly they are in the run. When they're in the big lawn run (which has to be supervised) they still act the same as in the run connected to the hutch grooming in a corner,feeding then mad rushing about and binkying. Don't know whether they sleep in their hutch - they're still wide awake in their run when I cover them with their tarpaulin.

Ludo is most active at about 11am and 10.30pm.

He always sleeps between about 2pm and 5pm. He's quite quiet when I sleep. That's between about 12.30am and 8am... he eats hay for a few hours then seems to doze. Unless his enemy Mr. Seagull is outside the window in which case he thumps at him in the night.

Scamp sleeps in his box from mid morning to mid afternoon, and will disappear for naps late afternoon but he spends most of the rest of the time out even when napping. If I go down at 3-4am he'll generally be napping but not actually in his sleeping box.

Mine doze on and off during the day, and maybe during the night too - I don't know!

They certainly like stretching out in the warm sunshine, or by a radiator in the winter. They also tend to sleep cuddled up together, and of course they look very cute :love:

Back