• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our two new giant rabbits are all tucked up in bed after a long day

Sam and Truffs

Mama Doe
The two female contis rescued by Parsnipbun are with us after she very kindly brought them this afternoon. We have renamed them Willow and Nettle (chosen by my children). They are in the chicken coop temporarily until we can get the shed sorted, but we cleared everything off the ground floor today and will try to find places for all the stuff on the half 2nd floor tomorrow.
They are now all padlocked up and with very heavy plantpots in front of the doors as they seem very strong! I have to say they don't seem stressed at all, but time will tell I guess. I promise pics tomorrow, I didn't have time with everything going on this evening.

Warning: contis are strong!!

They are also loving; mischievous; handsome; greedy; lazy; love to climb; and have real bursts of energy.

I'm so pleased these two are with you. Breaks my heart to think of a bunny hector's size cooped up in the way they were.

Enjoy them. :)

They looked very strong! The coop (and the 'nest box' area are now well secured. Once they have the wonderful wonderful summerhouse/shed they will be in a palace!!!

They seem happy this morning - my son keeps reporting they are purring although I haven't heard it and don't quite know what he means. I've seen Willow mounting Nettle a few times but it doesn't appear to be causing discontent. First thing tomorrow I'll be contacting the vet to get them vaccinated and checked over. I have to admit to a certain amount of trepidation at the thought of getting them into the carriers though. Kudos to Parsnipbun who must have done it twice!

So pleased to hear they are settling in nicely :D

I've seen Willow mounting Nettle a few times but it doesn't appear to be causing discontent. First thing tomorrow I'll be contacting the vet to get them vaccinated and checked over.

Are they neutered? If not I would suggest talking to the vet about this too. The fact that one is humping the other does ring alarm bells for me, even if it doesn't seem to be causing discontent...it is really common for unneutered bunnies who have lived harmoniously in a very small space to really kick off when they are given somewhere larger, as their hormonal instinct to create a territory (which they are unable to do in a small space) kicks in. If they aren't neutered yet I would really advise you to get this done ASAP and before they move into their permanent shed.

And yes...photos!!!

So pleased to hear they are settling in nicely :D

Are they neutered? If not I would suggest talking to the vet about this too. The fact that one is humping the other does ring alarm bells for me, even if it doesn't seem to be causing discontent...it is really common for unneutered bunnies who have lived harmoniously in a very small space to really kick off when they are given somewhere larger, as their hormonal instinct to create a territory (which they are unable to do in a small space) kicks in. If they aren't neutered yet I would really advise you to get this done ASAP and before they move into their permanent shed.

And yes...photos!!!

Second this.

we know they are not neutered but they have to settle for a couple of weeks and have their vaccinations etc before this can be done. Vacs are most important and to be effective must not be withig 2 weeks of an op. OP is very well aware of poss behvioural issues and will be watching out for any escalation of issues and neutering as soon as is safe. They are c6months old

Last edited:
Sorry have been out with my house guests! Just having a cuppa and then off to fix an extra bolt (am paranoid!), measure for aviary panels and yes will take pictures!!
And no they aren't neutered, I will be booking in for the op as soon as they vet says it's OK.
They have just eaten a treat piece of carrot from my hand, so they aren't at all shy.

Last edited:
we know they are not neutered but they have to settle for a couple of weeks and have their vaccinations etc before this can be done. Vacs are most important and to be effective must not be withig 2 weeks of an op. OP is very well aware of poss behvioural issues and will be watching out for any escalation of issues and neutering as soon as is safe. They are c6months old

:thumb:

Well done to all concerned for helping these two :wave:

Ooh I do love giant bunnies :love::love:

The other two are very sweet too, although the 'dead bunny' pose is a little alarming. I bet you had a heart attack when you first saw that :shock:

*picks-self-up-off-of-floor* ok Schez, get a grip...

They. Are. Goooooooorgeous!!!! :love::love::love: huuuuge well done to all peeps getting it all sorted. Thanks for posting piccies, happy now... :lol: :wave:

Back