• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

jabs prices????

samijofood

Young Bun
my jed is due for his jabs and iv rang up the vet to get him booked in for them and im glad I asked how much it was cos I was shocked compare to my last vet. his current vet wants to charge £55, my last vet (now retired) only charged £35.

is this what people are paying now days? :shock:

it can vary from about 20 pound up to the price youve been quoted. I pay 25ish, my old vet was 42 per bun

I was quote £35. But I think I'm right in saying there is no compulsory price guidelines with vets, they are a business and can charge what they like :evil:

Worth shopping around, it's only for jab, you don't have o leave your current vet, you can stay with them and just have jab done cheaper elsewhere that's what I'm going to do :thumb:

£55?! :shock:

My vet is £20 per bun, when I had the five done. I had Lewis done the following month and it was only £16, so I have no idea how that happened, but I didn't complain!

£55?! :shock:

My vet is £20 per bun, when I had the five done. I had Lewis done the following month and it was only £16, so I have no idea how that happened, but I didn't complain!

You did well!
I suppose it varies depending on the area and the vets overheads.

I paid £42 for each of my buns (combi vaccine) I live in a small town and both vets quoted the same price. I didn't think that was too bad really given protects them for a whole year.

I had both my rabbits jabbed and health checked at my rabbit savvy vets and I got charged £80.00 for both for the combi. It was a shock for me as I forgot its combi now and no more single jabs. I'm used to paying a staggered fee over the year as I had the jabs separate.

M vet charges £27 but we get ours for £21 each because I'm there all the time and asked fora discount because of all four

We paid £24.99p for each of our two for the combined vaccine and general check up back in July. Rang around a couple of other local vets and they all came in between £20-£25. Chose our vet as it was recommended to us as being good for rabbits.

£14.50 is very good and only just above cost price!

Yes theyre offering it for all pets until November :thumb: Puppy/kitten full courses are only £22.50 as well :thumb: I was a bit dubious at first as had heard some bad reports about Companion care but the vet is lovely and was brilliant with the buns, I felt very confident with her knowledge and approach and have decided to move all my pets to them :thumb:

I got mine done for 2 this morning and it was £84 for the combined jab and check up. But when I took my other 2 in May to the more senior vet it was £120!

Reading this I would say the price depends on the market, how many other vets there are in the area. I live in a small town, I phoned two vets, and they both quoted me exactly the same price (£42) for the combi vacc. I didn't think that was that bad until I've seen all these reports of £25!!

Back