• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nibbles is not well

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
He was OK this morning, eating etc as normal. Got home and he didn't look right. We took him to the vet at 6pm. We think he is in pain from his incisor op because of the way he was acting, so he's had some pain relief. Just been out to see him and he's still quiet and tired. I have some recovery food for him but it makes me really upset to see him like this. :cry: we will be back at the vet in the morning to check how he's doing.

Sending healing vibes to Nibbles. xxxx

I too have a bunny called Nibbles...he is a boarder.:love: The poor little darling has cancer and the tumour is pressing on his lungs:(:( He is on pain relief and I am making sure he is comfortable and wants for nothing.

Best of luck with your little Nibbles. xx

Sending healing vibes to Nibbles. xxxx

I too have a bunny called Nibbles...he is a boarder.:love: The poor little darling has cancer and the tumour is pressing on his lungs:(:( He is on pain relief and I am making sure he is comfortable and wants for nothing.

Best of luck with your little Nibbles. xx

Aww your poor Nibbles :-( :-( he is very lucky to have you :)

After worrying all night I have just been outside to check on him. He seems more alert than he did last night but still not quite right. I am going back to sleep for a couple of hours then will check him again. If I'm still not happy we will go to the vet for further checks.

going back to the vets shortly, he won't eat anything. not even his favourite noms :( i have tried to syringe some recovery food but he would rather it ended up on the carpet. he's laying down a lot as well. he is drinking though, albiet small amounts

Sending lots of vibes to you and lovely lovely Nibbles. He is one of my top favourite RU rabbits x

Aw, thanks :D

We went to the vet this morning. He has had another injection, syringe feed and is eating a bit more now - got some parsley fresh from the market for him :) He is inside with us for now because I want to keep an eye on him. He does look better than he did a few hours ago! Fingers crossed he gets even better soon.

he's just been nibbling on bits and bobs - dried dandelion leaves, kale, parlsey and hay :D doesn't seem to fancy pellets at the moment but as long as he's trying bits of everything else i'm happy. living up to his name atm :lol:

He is doing much better :D I think the injection he had this morning really helped.

1184773_10151579233858321_1231014921_n.jpg

(he's got some recovery food on his chops! :lol:)

Last edited:
He seemed OK this evening. Eating well. I have put him back in the hutch and run outside with Buttons, will keep an eye on him and see how he is :) He's drinking and pooing OK, went out and came back and poo was eeeverywhere :roll::lol: he certainly made himself at home in the living room with all his mess :lol: ah love having my bunnies indoors with me.

Sending lots of vibes to Nibbles....Bramble went through a similar thing last week, he sends a special bunny hug! xx

Back