• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have experience of Helpucover.co.uk for pet insurance?

Sam and Truffs

Mama Doe
They appear to be cover for life policies, and are part of Pinnacle Insurance. My current 2 are with them but I haven't had a need to claim for anything. I believe I originally found them on MoneySavingExpert.com.

My friend insured her rabbit with them and I think you need to double check exactly what they are prepared to pay out. As she understood it she thought she was covered up to £2000, but upon submitting a vets bill for just under £1400, was then told that they will only pay out a maximum of £1000 on each condition, whereas Petplan would have paid her complete bill. Her rabbit was covered for life, but only up to £1000 for the condition. They don't cover dental work either until you have been with them for 2 years, whereas Petplan do, as long as bunny has had a dental in the previous 12 months.

She has now switched to Petplan because she felt she was only actually partly insured and could still end up paying quite a lot out herself.

Just out of interest I got a quote from them which was £11.54 for Dipsy, but who I currently pay £8.56 per month with Petplan.

OK thankyou, I'll check. We are paying £8.00 odd each with them at the moment, but as it looks like we may be getting the 2 giants as well this seemed a good time to review and possibly switch.

My friend insured her rabbit with them and I think you need to double check exactly what they are prepared to pay out. As she understood it she thought she was covered up to £2000, but upon submitting a vets bill for just under £1400, was then told that they will only pay out a maximum of £1000 on each condition, whereas Petplan would have paid her complete bill. Her rabbit was covered for life, but only up to £1000 for the condition. They don't cover dental work either until you have been with them for 2 years, whereas Petplan do, as long as bunny has had a dental in the previous 12 months.

She has now switched to Petplan because she felt she was only actually partly insured and could still end up paying quite a lot out herself.

Just out of interest I got a quote from them which was £11.54 for Dipsy, but who I currently pay £8.56 per month with Petplan.

Back