• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D 22nd August. Mr Bennett is finally better. .

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
I know its his teeth so I am off soon to see the vets. He is fine in himself, drinking etc. He wants to eat but can't. Its the recovery that always takes so long. Better make sure I get gut stimulant.

At least he has lasted nearly 2 and a half months this time. Worst was 6/7 weeks.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

Yes Ripminnie it is stressful, this will be his 4th this year. At least it lasted an extra month from the time between his previous two dentals. Mr B eats tons of hay but have to accept this is always going to be an ongoing problem. Will keep up with the carrots too and get him off the pellets for good.

Thanks everyone.

Yes Ripminnie it is stressful, this will be his 4th this year. At least it lasted an extra month from the time between his previous two dentals. Mr B eats tons of hay but have to accept this is always going to be an ongoing problem. Will keep up with the carrots too and get him off the pellets for good.

I hope he recovers quickly from this one. What's the issue with the pellets/carrots? I think I've missed that :?

Oh no! At let he had the decency to show symptoms on a weekday this time. I hope he is home and munching again soon,

Loads of vibes for Mr B and his tooty pegs xxxxxxxxx

Thanks.

Oh no! At let he had the decency to show symptoms on a weekday this time. I hope he is home and munching again soon,

You did make me laugh, its so true and this time my vets said she won't waste anytime and get it done within a few hours. Its always his recovery that takes so long. I hope his tongue isn't sore again.

Thanks again everyone.

Mr Bennett has had his dental and unfortunately he has several cuts in his tongue. This is what always leads to a long recovery. If only he could get his dental before he got the cuts. I was only thinking at the beginning of the week I should have had his teeth checked.

Wonder if its worth getting one of those things, (no idea what they are called), that looks into the mouth.

Oh bless him, it must be so sore :( Does giving him soft foods tempt him to eat?

It's surprising he doesn't show it before it gets to that point. Yes a little dental mirrors a good idea then you could check him weekly. Maybe ask the vet to show you what you're looking for.

Vibes for a swift recovery xxxxxxxxxxx

Poor Mr Bennett no wonder he didn't want to eat. Hope he gets better soon.

Thanks.

Oh bless him, it must be so sore :( Does giving him soft foods tempt him to eat?

It's surprising he doesn't show it before it gets to that point. Yes a little dental mirrors a good idea then you could check him weekly. Maybe ask the vet to show you what you're looking for.

Vibes for a swift recovery xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks

No unfortunately for a few days I have food everywhere and nothing tempts him other an a bit of herbs. He won't touch softened pellets.

If only I could tell earlier, usually he starts chewing skirtings and the side of door frames but he didn't do that, or if he did I didn't see him. Or h will chew on the side of his carpets pieces and he didn't do that either, as there would be little pieces to vacuum up. Wednesday night he was definately his normal self, didn't eat much yesterday and in the evening I had to tempt him with a crunchie but by then his tongue would have already been sore.

Poor Mr Bennett :( My bridge bun (and dental bun) Bonnie has this and she found ice cubes and chilled parsley soothing. She would lick the ice cube for ages. I once froze some dill inside an ice cube which she worked her way to. It might help the wee man :wave:

Sending vibes for Mr Bennett

Ask if you could occasionally [one month before estimated dental time] drop in to have Mr Bennett checked by the Vet Nurses for cuts etc, and if there's a problem book a consultation with a vet?
You're not a new customer so they may allow it, and I know dogs sometimes come in to get weighed by the nurses and to also get used to the vet nurses/practice [the getting used to is more for puppies].

:wave:

Back