• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Luna Update

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Luna is only 8 weeks old - came home to us on Monday and on Tuesday had stopped eating. She has been at the vets constantly since then and thankfully today saw the lead vet whom I trust but she is in a very serious way. Apparently impacted, not drinking or eating - they have given pain relief, critical care, massaging and other meds to get her guts working.

She is such a baby and we haven't had any time with her apart from cuddling her in the evening...but I would rather not cuddle a sick rabbit.

I fear that we are going to lose her. She has no fat to see her over this period and is such a baby still.

And as I was typing this - vet rang to ask permission to try and extract air from her gut as she is just bloating up terribly now. He has spent all day with her as the surger was very quiet and nothing seems to be working.

I think we are going to lose her - trying not to cry at work but I am so upset. Of course - if nothing more can be done they I will let her go to the bridge - she has fought a good fight and there is only so much she should have to cope with.

Am a bit distraught to be honest.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Fellie, I really hope Luna pulls through for you. It so sad to lose a bun at any age, but especially one so young. I send you both lots of love and good luck xxx :love:

Thank you so much everyone.

She is still hanging in there - managed to get some antibiotics down her and some critical care - will repeat the critical care in a couple of hours. Going to be a loooong night.

The vet took out 40mls of air from her tummy today - have never heard of this procedure but I just hope it works.

She is just skin and bones now - but whilst the vet thinks it's worth continuing then I will do the same.

Come on my baby girl - you have such a full and happy life ahead of you if you can just pull through this. We love you so much sweetheart...in the few days you've been with us, you've stolen our hearts and we just want you to be as happy, healthy and bonkers as the other 4 buns.

Glad she's still with us - does the vet know what caused the bloating in the first case? :?

Blood tests show a high white blood cell count.. So probably an infection of some sort. Really not sure how she is still with us... just skin and bone and she is SO tired and weak. Have both been up all night with her.taking turns in crying. Will see what vet says but I do think it would be kinder to let her go now. She's had enough.

Blood tests show a high white blood cell count.. So probably an infection of some sort. Really not sure how she is still with us... just skin and bone and she is SO tired and weak. Have both been up all night with her.taking turns in crying. Will see what vet says but I do think it would be kinder to let her go now. She's had enough.

Poor baby :cry:

It's not looking good :(
Fellie and me&bobo have been up with her all night, literally. Am welling up just typing this. She's just such a gorgeous ickle thing. I hope for a miracle but know if she doesn't make it, for a few days at least she was part of the most loving home a bunny could wish for.

Just want her to pull through.

We are going to say good bye to her in a couple of hours...the vet has now said that it's time and that we've done everything we can and she has stopped fighting now.

We've only had her 5 days and for 4 of those she been so ill - it's just not fair on the poor little angel. But as hubby said - she was meant to come to us for a reason and at lease we've been able to keep her comfortable and out of pain which might not have been the case had she gone elsewhere.

I spent 1 1/2 hours this morning just cuddling her on my lap - I will never forget my time with her and I am so grateful I had it.

I will do a message in the Rainbow Bridge section with photos when I feel more up to it.

Thank you so much for all your kind messages - they have truly meant a lot to me.

Back