• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Large number of rabbits needing rescue space - HELP!

catxx

Mama Doe
Rabbit Residence has today been contacted by a mid-Wales council who are evicting a tenant who is in breach of his tenancy and has 50 rabbits needing rescue.

If any rescues have space for a few please PM me so we can co-ordinate with the Council to arrange bunny runs!

I know everyone is packed at the moment (so are we).

Thanks!!

Ive emailed. I'm free sat and sun for bunny runs. I live in Surrey though so I wouldn't be able to go too far north but midlands is OK will do my best

I am happy to transport or a pair can overnight. Also have a 5ft hutch that could be gifted to anyone that could offer foster but does not have a hutch. [I cannot use it here - we have 36 buns and a hare at present and are not even a rescue!!!!]

We are close to A1 near Peterborough so well situated for A1/A14/A428 etc etc links.

Thank you all for transport offers, just need to secure some more rescue spaces and we can try and get some buns on the move.

I have one spare pen now for a single or a pair, and hopefully another one on Sunday. Hopefully there'll be some other rescues up north that can take a couple and people who could help with a bunrun up this way.

Have replied via email.

We are in South Wales. Which county are the rabbits in? :wave:

They're in Powys. Just trying to co-ordinate at the moment! The Council are working with the RSPCA to get as many into rescues "locally" as possible so those over in the east of the country we are HOPING not to need!

I don't really know how far the rabbits are going to be taken, but Animal Care in Lancaster is approx. 3 hours away. If you could get someone to meet part the way maybe North Wales, you could potentially transport a few to there if they have room.

Speak to Katie or Rabbit section at the Blue Cross in Burford. She has helped out with large rabbit rescues in the past and does take in RSPCA bunnies to help out. Worth a call.

Back