• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround just on run.

Ailstar

Mama Doe
I really love the runaround system and think my buns would too, currently they have a hutch which is housed in a garden shed and then a run that I put them in every day. Ideally I would love to attach the runaround pipe directly to the shed so that they can get between the run and their hutch themselves. However I currently live with my parents and as the shed is brand new I seriously doubt they will want a hole cut in it, as they want to use it themselves once I move out. Therefore would it be possible to construct a runaround system just as a run. I had read that it can be a nightmare getting your buns out of the pipe system which obviously would not be ideal if I have to move them back to their hutch every night. Does anyone have any experience of the runaround system?

I've got a runaround. Never had any problems getting my rabbits in.

Could you get a mesh aviary panel type inner door to go inside the shed door and then attach the runaround door on to that. So then you don't need cut a hole in the shed.

I don't think so, just because they don't have full access to the shed, it's used to store all my 'rabbit stuff' and also because I'd then have issues getting in and out the door. (It's a double doored shed) I'd be happy to start off adding the runaround to their run if I thought I'd be able to get them out of it in an evening. The little monsters like to make me work for it as it is! Haha!

Back