• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Cage with Run Attached & Other Cage Qs.

DwarfBuns

Warren Scout
I was just browsing littlepetwarehouse (I got my piggie cage from there) & noticed they've started doing cage & run bundles, but the cages are only 80-100cm depending on which one you go for. It's not really an option for me until I move house & the pets get their own room, but do you think 100cm is enough for a couple of nethies with a run attached? I know the cage is only supposed to be like a glorified bedroom & they're not supposed to spend all their time in it.. But 100cm still seems a bit small. Just wanted some opinions.

Last edited:
Indoor Cage with Run Attached

Depends on the run. Nethies are VERY energetic though so I would go for more than the RWAF recommendation for two small bunnies which is 44 sq ft. To be honest I wouldn't spend that money on a cage, that's probably the size of my bunnies litter tray ;)

Niles is currently in a 5x2.5ft indoor cage & has full run of the lounge regularly.. Obviously there are some days that I can't get him out so having a run attached would be ideal.. But then he hates being in a run! :roll:

I spoilt him after Frasier died & let him have full run of the lounge, now if I put him in his run when I clean him out, he tugs on the bars!! Naughty rabbit! The runs attached to the cages on the website are pretty small... Mine opens out to be massive! Lol. Takes up most of the lounge.. Which makes it even funnier that he hates it so much as he's not really losing any space, just the thought of freedom. Tsk.

It's much cheaper to bunny proof and allow continual freerange, plus so much more space!

None of the cages are suitable on that website (in my opinion) ;)

It's much cheaper to bunny proof and allow continual freerange, plus so much more space!

None of the cages are suitable on that website (in my opinion) ;)

Freerange isn't really an option, although he seems happy in the setup we have atm.. I'm thinking about if the bonding with him goes well, it might be nice to upgrade his housing. Of course, giving him a run attached won't be an option until we move house, but until then he will always have free run of the lounge! He's out atm.. Making full use of the space, he's just flopped onto the fireplace! LOL.

What are people's thoughts on the double & triple tiered cages? :/ I'm not sure.. I mean, sure, 120x3 is better than 120x1.. But then 120 is still pretty small. If that makes sense? Plus with the ladders, it doesn't give much room for actually running about. A 150/160 double tier would be nice! Found a Ferplast that fits that description.. But it seems to have been added to the rest of the mysterious cages that companies announce to make people happy & then never actually SELL! Hmm.

Back