• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeding/colours/marking question!

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
I'm very confused... having seen another thread!

If Ludo is a magpie harlequin pattern (I think that's what it's called), could both his Mum and Dad have been plain coloured?

I'm not at all interested in breeding any buns, (Ludo can't anyway!) but am curious as I like to imagine what Ludo's birth parents looked like!

This might help, there's so many possibilities though - http://goldenbunnies.co.uk/showthread.php?13999-Rabbit-Coat-Colour-Genetics-Part-1-2-3-4-and-5

The parents could of been steel, black, blue, chocolate, lilac, harlequin, magpie but not yellow or tortoiseshell

Sorry I couldn't help further, I wrote that guide when I was a boring 13 year old and had nothing better to do :lol: I've forgotten most of it now, whenever someone on here asks a genetic question I have to go back to it :lol:

This might help, there's so many possibilities though - http://goldenbunnies.co.uk/showthread.php?13999-Rabbit-Coat-Colour-Genetics-Part-1-2-3-4-and-5

The parents could of been steel, black, blue, chocolate, lilac, harlequin, magpie but not yellow or tortoiseshell

Sorry I couldn't help further, I wrote that guide when I was a boring 13 year old and had nothing better to do :lol: I've forgotten most of it now, whenever someone on here asks a genetic question I have to go back to it :lol:

Oh my goodness, they could have been half the rainbow then! Thanks so much for this!

Demi, how on earth did you know all that when you were 13?! I bet it's really interesting.

Demi, how on earth did you know all that when you were 13?! I bet it's really interesting.

I'm not even sure myself, it seems so young :shock: But I've always been a biology geek and it was something that really interested me so I decided to make it as simple as I could and do a 'guide' for other people :lol:

It's an amazing guide, but I really struggled to comprehend it. I'm no good at science-y things- really wish I was :(

Luna is a pale grey bunny with a few patches of darker grey (possibly a dwarf lop, but not entirely sure) so I'm not sure what colour her parents would have been to produce her (I'm not sure how she fits into the colourings listed as many seem to be pedigree colours). Her brother was black but I'm not sure about the other siblings.

Back