• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

kidney problem bunnies

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
is it just sox, or have others bunnies been weeing a lot more recently, everyday im changing his towels as I can smell wee on them

No, not weeing more lately.

Weeing in inappropriate places, hmmph. But that's 'normal' for one of mine :roll:

Weeing outside the litter box if he is trained can be a sign of a bladder/kidney problem. If it continues, I'd pop to the vet.

My Flopsy who has kidney disease seems to be weeing more than usual and outside of his litter tray but been to see the vet and he's put it down to his arthritis in his hind hocks.

He drinks a lot too.

I hope the handsome Sox is ok :love:

I was just wondering how you administrate his fortekor tablets? I grind mine to powder form then mix with baby food and syringe but was wondering how else I could administrate it. Flopsy loves it with the baby food though , especially the banana.

Ginger's constantly peeing, but no, no more than normal. It could just be humidity, as when its extra humid, Ginger drinks even more (although not sure how that's possible) and so pees more.

Sorry, I did not realise Sox already had diagnosed problems.

I've had a bunny with long term issues like this. It is right that he could be drinking more due to the hot weather but, I'd probably be a bit worried if the problems increased. In my case, this was a sign meds needed altering or there was a change in condition.

So sorry to hear of Sox's difficulties. :(

thanks everyone, yes sox went to vets for repeat bloods and everything 2 week back all doing ok, jackaroonie1997 - my vets make a liquid form of the tablet so its easy to syringe to him x

Back