• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny bonds - not so .... in love

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
:cry:

Everyone on here, seems to have bunnies that are very much in love, all snuggled up, mutual grooming and happy lazy bunny days..

My Smudge and Willow appear to get on.... just........ They do happily jump in their hay boxes together, and nom away. They will sit together if I give them noms. However, they dont lie together, Smudge will not groom Willow although she begs him to. They dont ever snuggle up together and lie like an old married couple.. She often sits in one run and he in the other,,,,

Will this change? Does anyone know if Rabbits with bonds like this strengthen over time or over time is the bond likely to break?

Smudge is stubborn and i often wish he would just groom her, maybe even once a day..or...a week would be good...Anything appreciated!,!

Have any of you got bunnies who only seem to tolerate each other.... How do you feel?

Fee x

Sorry I don't have experience to comment, but hopefully someone else will be able to reassure you. :wave:

Donny and Lola never do things like that :lol: only if they've just come back from the vets, or they're cold. They may well do it more but I can't see them in the shed so.. :p

Lola never grooms Donny and Leo never grooms Kerbie, but they're happy together and that's the main thing:)

My lop eared tricolour Mottle and his orange lionhead x wife Peaches hang out a bit together but I rarely see them grooming (she occasionally grooms him, not seen the other way round) they often sit separately too. My girls dont seem to groom each other and the two boys fell out (!) At least they are still together. :)

Fee...we've talked about this...:lol::lol::love: I know you worry about them but often bonds are one sided. I hope lots of people will share their experience of bunnies who groom and their partners who don't groom back. It's much more common than you think.:thumb:

Oh I know Ali... They just seem to spend soooo much time apart... I am a true romantic and would love to see all bunnies cosied up.

I'm not worried, just a hopeless romantic.....❤

Think Willow is a romantic too, Smudge being Smudge is a stubborn boy ... I reckon he needs to feel the lurve!!!,!!!

Thanks to you all too, its reassuring to know that my two are just being awkward....xxxxxxxx

Back