• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'I am Selling These Baby Rabbits Because'

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
.........my two older Rabbits keep having more babies every two months so there will be a lot of them.

They eat bread crusts, carrots and cabbage''

*sigh*................ :cry:

I have messaged them (politely!!) with a few links to information on the RWAF site, but I doubt they'll take any notice :cry:

I phoned up a local petting zoo about rabbit rehoming thinking I could rescue one of them from being pulled apart by small children. The woman went on a rant to me complaining that they had too many rabbits and people just kept abandoning more at their gates. I felt a bit sorry for them until I realised that there were no pens at all and they were just letting them run around and impregnate each other willy nilly as none of them were spayed or neutered :roll: I seriously felt like hitting my head against a wall.

Needless to say I haven't visited and do not intend to do so any time soon... Some people are idiots. Between that and the amount of baby rabbits on 'for sale/ free' groups on FB... I just want to shake people sometimes.

Last edited:
The amount of free to a good home bunnies are getting larger by the day. Currently have at least 20 in my local area. As well as the baby bun's. One women has put a picture of her two bunnies on one facebook page in a tiny hutch complete with a green mouldy water bottle :(.

Sometimes I think it's a burden loving animals, because you can't help them all...

I sent a woman two water bottles for her rabbits, a polite note about the importance of hay (among other things) and a £5 voucher for P@H the other day, she was selling three girl buns and set-up for a tenner, they were in a tiny hutch about 4ft long which had no bedding/hay/toys in it and their little water bottle was completely green, I had to do a double take because I thought that was the colour of the plastic at first, anyway, no-one has bought these rabbits but today she uploaded another picture of them and although I didn't get a word of thanks, I saw that she was using my two larger, clean bottles and they had a pile of hay in the corner (better that nothing). I know it's not a lot, but I know that I helped the buns, I just wish I could have taken them on or could have afforded to buy them more. Luckily it looks like this guy who is a notoriously good owner (10ft hutches and 20ft runs etc.) is interested in them. :)

I commented on someone's advert on the fb selling pages around here that their hutch would be better advertised as an addition to a run rather than that being it, it was hand built shoddy workmanship and 3ft long. She said she'd had a giant in it and was advertising it as big enough for two rabbits. She removed it and reposted it, so I said this hutch is not big enough for two rabbits and she removed it again.

Went on the 'Other' tab for messages on FB and she'd sent me a message, it just hadn't gone into my main inbox, calling me a wierdo (hate that spelling) and that she knew what she was talking about because she'd had rabbits before and that she didn't need me ruining her sale. Took me 3 attempts to write a reply whilst being nice. Informed her of the welfare website, told her i wasn't ruining her sale, just advising it be sold as an addition to a run due to its small size and that rabbits in the wild cover miles and miles.

Never got a reply although it told me she had seen it. Disappointing but maybe she had a look at it, who knows.

Back