• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

barking?

LauraLou1982

Warren Scout
I have had Tallulah just over two weeks and although a little nervous she has been quite good with being handled - I have kept it to a minimum, just moving her from hutch to run for the day and then back again.

Today I went to get her in (was out from 8am till about 8.30pm and as I put my hand in to get her out the run she kind of barked/growled and lunged forward at me...it seemed quite aggressive! Does anyone know why she might do this? Very confused, shes normally fine, will try and move out of my reach sometimes but generally she sits still.

Am confused! :(

Is she spayed? If not she needs doing or she'll just constantly growl and lunge as its the hormones , my pompom was the same she was awful not a pleasant bunny to be around but now she's been spayed she's lovely and friendly.

No shes not, shes booked in to be spayed in 3 weeks once shes put some weight on. Shes miserable again this morning when I went to put her out, thumping about nd running away from me! :(

It's hormones and plus you haven't had her very long. She'll be much better once she's spayed but all you can do now is ride it out. I couldn't even stroke pompom before she was spayed!

Hi,
I don't know what set up you have but is it possible to set the hutch up inside the run? When I have a new bun I set up the run around the hutch so that you can let them out into the run without having to pick them up. I use chicken wire over the top so they can't jump out (as often the hutch is higher than the run roof so won't close properly). It's not ideal as it does restrict the run space, and is not predictor proof with only having chicken wire on the top but may help get you through the next few weeks until she is spayed and hopefully a bit less hormonal.

Hey Karen, the set up isnt ideal at the moment, I wasnt meant to end up her, long story lol. Shes in a double hutch but that's a good idea about putting the hutch inside it...then I can just open the door in the morning and close it when she goes hutch at end of the day...I wonder if it will fit? Will try that in morning, thanks! Hoping spaying will calm her down a bit :roll:

Good luck, hope it will fit.
P.S. some veggies for supper put inside the hutch is usually an easy way to get them back into the hutch on an evening.

If the hutch doesnt fit you could try bribing her into a carrier (with veg or whatever) and transporting her that way.

Back