• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tunnels for rabbits - any recommendations?

Persie

Warren Scout
Hi :wave: I have been searching for a tunnel for my bunny to play in & wondering if anyone on here would recommend any? He is an indoor bunny so it will be in my kitchen area :D

Thanks! ;)

I just have the £3 cat ones from Asda/Tesco, my boy absolutely loves them but my girl isn't massively interested.

The water hyacinth tunnels I know he would love to chew but I was wanting something a little longer for him to run up & down, they look quite short :(

I have been checking my local tesco & asda for them and never find any, nor do they come up online :? strange but I will keep trying :D

I seen one in my local pets at home, a green plastic type one and I had a look online for it & read a shocking review that said their rabbit nibbled/ate bits of it as rabbits do & it killed it :shock: think I will avoid that one, whether the review is true or not it has scared me :shock:

The water hyacinth tunnels I know he would love to chew but I was wanting something a little longer for him to run up & down, they look quite short :(

I have been checking my local tesco & asda for them and never find any, nor do they come up online :? strange but I will keep trying :D

I seen one in my local pets at home, a green plastic type one and I had a look online for it & read a shocking review that said their rabbit nibbled/ate bits of it as rabbits do & it killed it :shock: think I will avoid that one, whether the review is true or not it has scared me :shock:

my bunnies have one of those green plastic tubes and they love it! they have never chewed it though, so maybe better to avoid if you have a bunny that eats everything. I think those green tunnels are pretty popular, all the bunny people i know have them!

Hi,

There are the runaround pipes from www.runaround.co.uk, mine buns love theirs. They are about £10 for a four foot length, or u can go up to eight feet in length. They are sturdy and quite nibble proof I would say, but perhaps not the most attractive if its going to be in your kitchen but worth a look.

I know what you mean about the green tunnels, they are so popular + there are loads of great reviews about them so that's why I found that review strange, could possibly be made up :?

Love the look of both them tunnels from amazon! And the runaround site is fab if I ever decided to make a bit of an adventure playground for him in the back garden :) thanks everyone for the help! :D

I know what you mean about the green tunnels, they are so popular + there are loads of great reviews about them so that's why I found that review strange, could possibly be made up :?

Love the look of both them tunnels from amazon! And the runaround site is fab if I ever decided to make a bit of an adventure playground for him in the back garden :) thanks everyone for the help! :D

I have the green one but my buns ignore it! Possibly because when I extended it it made a loud noise and scared Ren. I'm going to try one of the fabricky ones next time they're on sale somewhere.

Mine love the green plastic ones. I have 2 connected together and they are always running through them. Only problem is that they are easily chewed, and my buns love to chew! :roll: I put the left over edible tubes over the ends to stop them and it has actually worked. :shock:

the links above are for good ones, I have the rosewood one, one from PAH and the green plastic ones, my buns love them all

Fran and Faye have the green tunnel and chew it a lot. I am really worried now. They love the tunnel though.

George and Gemma, who are in my kitchen, have a pink cat tunnel which they share with Pippa (my cat who thinks she is a rabbit). They also have a cardboard box with a hole in (well, with lots of holes in now) and they prefer the cardboard box!!!

Fran and Faye have the green tunnel and chew it a lot. I am really worried now. They love the tunnel though.

George and Gemma, who are in my kitchen, have a pink cat tunnel which they share with Pippa (my cat who thinks she is a rabbit). They also have a cardboard box with a hole in (well, with lots of holes in now) and they prefer the cardboard box!!!
I wouldn't worry, if your rabbits have been using it for a long time & are clearly having a good go at eating it then it is perfectly safe :) honestly them kind of reviews could be someone being dramatic or untruthful, maybe bunny died of another cause but they think it was the green tunnel :?

I wouldn't worry, if your rabbits have been using it for a long time & are clearly having a good go at eating it then it is perfectly safe :) honestly them kind of reviews could be someone being dramatic or untruthful, maybe bunny died of another cause but they think it was the green tunnel :?

There are sometimes green pieces of plastic in the run when I am cleaning it so they aren't eating it all. Both are fine. Gemma is slowly eating her way through the wooden cladding in my kitchen and I am sure that can't be good for her. She was chomping a receipt earlier and I took it away and gave her a carrot instead.

My bunnies do seem to eat things they shouldn't - Gemma tries to nom the cat food - although I do stop her - anyone would think I starved them!!!!

Back