• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay amounts - my boys are a good influence!

RavenMoon

Mama Doe
There have been a number of mentions about how much hay rabbits should eat as a rough guide. I've been watching how much I give them and how much ends up everywhere else :roll: and I really think they eat above and beyond that.

I say the boys are a good influence because Pooka wasn't a big hay eater when we got her. However the boys are so enthusiastic about a fresh load of hay I think it has rubbed off on her. They respond to new hay like a treat (although not quite as impatiently!) and I've noticed more recently Pooka does the same. And she has started eating it like them too :D

Here's hoping this means that dentals shouldn't be an issue *wanders off to find some wood to knock on...*

:thumb: This is always good to hear! I had a dental bun in the past and it was always so disheartening not to see him eat much hay. But now my 4 buns, (*touches wood!*) love their hay and it always makes me feel happy when I see them demolishing it! :D x

Back